Servants, Shophands and Laborers in the Cities of Tokugawa Japan
- Reviews: Asia and the Pacific. Grenier, Johanne // Canadian Journal of History;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p241
Reviews the book `Servants and Shophands, and Laborers in the Cities of Tokugawa Japan,' by Gary P. Leupp. Tokugawa policies that contributed to the creation and growth of Japanese cities; Strategies of the Japanese government in controlling the lives of unemployed unskilled workers.
- Reviews of books: Asia. Ketelaar, James E. // American Historical Review;Feb95, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p211
Reviews the book `Servants, Shophands, and Laborers in the Cities of Tokugawa Japan,' by Gary P. Leupp.
- Japan Before Tokugawa (Book Review). Soranaka, Isao // Canadian Journal of History;Dec81, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p459
Reviews the book 'Japan Before Tokugawa: Political Consideration and Economic Growth, 1500â€“1650,' edited by John Hall, Nagahara Keiji and Kozo Yamamura.
- Japan Examined (Book Review). Nish, Ian // Asian Affairs;Feb84, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p102
Reviews the book 'Japan Examined: Perspectives on Modern Japanese History.'
- Shogun. Gehres, Eleanor M. // Best American Novels of the Twentieth Century: Still Readable To;2001, p87
The article reviews the book "Shogun," by James Clavell.
- Kanazawa (Book Review). Hanley, Susan B. // American Historical Review;Dec83, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p1307
Reviews the book 'Kanazawa: A Seventeenth-Century Japanese Castle Town,' by James L. McClain.
- Warlords, Artists, and Commoners (Book Review). Totman, Conrad // American Historical Review;Feb82, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p240
Reviews the book 'Warlords, Artists and Commoners: Japan in the Sixteenth Century,' edited by George Elison and Bardwell L. Smith.
- Japan (Book). Steed, James // School Library Journal;Dec85, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p106
Reviews the book 'Japan: From Shogun to Sony 1543-1984,' by John R. Roberson.
- Japan (Book Review). Handley, W.A.; Gerhardt, Lillian N.; Jones, Trevelyn E.; Gale, David; Maratta, Angela // School Library Journal;Aug83, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p64
Reviews the book 'Japan: Where East Meets West,' by Judith Davidson.