Our American Cousins, Being Personal Impressions of the People and Institutions of the United States
- Archive Report. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Apr2009, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p130
A report characterising the contents of archives with materials relating to the Chartist movement in Great Britain is presented. The papers of the Newcastle, England native, Chartist, and newspaper editor W. E. Adams, which are located in the Moscow, Russia State Archives is described. A study...
- UNCLE TOBY'S LEGACY: CHILDREN'S COLUMNS IN THE PROVINCIAL NEWSPAPER PRESS, 1873-1914. Milton, Frederick // International Journal of Regional & Local Studies;Spring2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p104
The article discusses the evolution of the children's columns in the provincial newspapers in England in the nineteenth century. The first children's society began in 1876 as the Dicky Bird Society (DBS) children's club with 50,000 members founded by "Newscastle Weekly Chronicle" (NW) and by...
- BIBLIOGRAPHY 1968. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring69, Issue 18, p35
The article presents a list of books related to labor history. Some of them are "Memoirs of a Social Atom," by W.E. Adams; "The Victorian Scene," by N. Bentley; "Sydney Hill and the National Union of Public Employees," by W.W. Craik; "Political Parties,"by J.W. Derry; "Public Health Reform in...
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // America;8/17/1918, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p461
The article lists the books received by the publication including "Eight-Minute Sermons," by William Demony, "What Every Woman Knows," by James M. Barrie, and "Kipling, the Story-Writer," by Walter Morris Hart.
- 'THE FACE' OF AMERICA. // Entertainment Weekly;6/20/2003, Issue 715, p79
Presents a list of the top ten fiction and non-fiction books released in the U.S. as of June 20, 2003.