Bombardier Billy Wells: The Life and Times of a Boxing Hero
- LETTERS TO THE EDITORS. McIlroy, John; Roberts, Stephen; Pollins, Harold // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Fall95, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p158
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including review of Stan Shipley's "Bombardier Billy Wells: The Life and Times of a Boxing Hero" in volume 59, number 2 issue, and the role of NCLC in army education during and immediately after the war in volume 60, number...
- ALI (Book). Kirschling, Gregory // Entertainment Weekly;1/11/2002, Issue 634, p66
Reviews the book 'Ali: The Movie and the Man.'
- Fellowship of the ring. Knight, Stephen // Quill & Quire;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p32
Reviews the book 'Facing Ali: The Opposition Weighs In,' by Stephen Brunt.
- STANDING EIGHT. Shea, Mike // Texas Monthly;May2006, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p54
The article reviews the book "Standing Eight," by Adam Pitluk.
- Non-fiction. Hunt, Kathy // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/1/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6567, p64
The article reviews the book "Tent Boxing," by Wayne McLennan.
- Sports Hero (Book). Amdursky, Saul J. // School Library Journal;Apr76, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p59
Reviews the book 'Sports Hero: Muhammad Ali,' by Marshall Burchard.
- ROCKY MARCIANO (Book). Gold, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark; Adriani, Lynn; Scharf, Michael; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;7/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 30, p65
Reviews the book 'Rocky Marciano: The Rock of His Times,' by Russell Sullivan.
- Quiet Killer. Nisbet, Robert // American Scholar;Spring81, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p273
Reviews the book 'Jack Dempsey: The Manassa Mauler,' by Randy Roberts.
- BODY & SOUL: Notebooks of an Apprentice Boxer (Book). Gold, Sarah F.; Chenoweth, Emily; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 46, p58
Reviews the book "Body & Soul: Notebooks of an Apprentice Boxer," by LoÃ¯c Wacquant.