Persistent Inequalities: Wage Disparity under Capitalist Competition
- Industrial Relations Theory. Sattinger, Michael // ILR Review;Oct94, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p168
The article reviews the book "Persistent Inequalities: Wage Disparity Under Capitalist Competition," By Howard Botwinick.
- Persistent Inequalities: Wage Disparity under Capitalist Competition (Book). Linder, Marc; Till-Retz, Roberta // Labor Studies Journal;Spring96, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p80
Reviews the book `Persistent Inequalities: Wage Disparity Under Capitalist Competition,' by Howard Botwinick.
- `The labor market is unlike any other'. Yates, Michael D. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p5
Presents reviews of books which analyzes the labor market of the United States. `Myth and Measurement,' by Card and Krueger; `The Wage Curve'; `Persistent Inequalities,' by Howard Botwinick.
- Persistent Inequalities. Haddow, Rodney // Labour / Le Travail;Fall95, Vol. 36, p395
The article reviews the book "Persistent Inequalities," by Howard Botwinick.
- Wage Differentials: An International Comparison. Ozeki, Cynthia // Human Resource Planning;2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p46
The article reviews the book "Wage Differentials: An International Comparison," edited by Toshiaki Tachibanaki.
- Compensating Wage Differentials in the Union and Nonunion Sectors (Book). // Benefits Quarterly;1990 Second Quarter, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p105
Reviews the book "Compensating Wage Differentials in the Union and Nonunion Sectors," by David Fairris.
- Components of city-size wage differentials, 1973-1988. Beeson, Patricia E.; Goshen, Erica L. // Economic Review (00130281);1991 4th Quarter, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
Examines the empirical regularity in the 1973 to 1988 Current Population Surveys to see if city-size-related wage differentials arise from intercity differences in wage structures. Study of the phenomenon of higher wages of city workers as compared to their rural counterparts; Control for...
- An analysis of the determinants of wage differentials in the state of Arkansas. Rollow, Christy // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Summer95, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p13
Discusses the role that each economic characteristic plays in determining wages in the Arkansas labor market. Relationship between annual gross earnings and various demographic and economic characteristics; Data estimation; Education as the single most important determinant of wage; Inequality...
- Comparing salaries: equal work, unequal pay. Kitto, Kris // Hill;3/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p23
The article focuses on the author's views regarding wage differentials in the U.S.