Paying the Price of Freedom: Family and Labor among Lima's Slaves, 1800-1854
- Paying the Price of Freedom: Family and Labor among Lima's Slaves, 1800-1854. Lipsett-Rivera, Sonya // Labour / Le Travail;Spring97, Vol. 39, p342
The article reviews the book "Paying the Price of Freedom: Family and Labor Among Lima's Slaves, 1800-1854," by Christine HÃ¼nefeldt.
- Liberalism in the Bedroom (Book). Uribe-Uran, Victor M. // American Historical Review;Oct2002, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p1266
Reviews the book 'Liberalism in the Bedroom: Quarreling Spouses in Nineteenth-Century Lima,' by Christine Hunefeldt.
- Amazonia. Environment and the Law in Amazonia: A Plurilateral Encounter. Rogers, Thomas D. // Estudios Interdisciplinarios de America Latina y el Caribe;Jun2014, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p132
No abstract available.
- Promises of Empowerment: Women in Asia and Latin America. Domínguez, Jorge I. // Journal of East Asian Studies;Jan-Apr2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p181
Reviews the book "Promises of Empowerment: Women in Asia and Latin America," edited by Peter H. Smith, Jennifer L. Troutner and Christine HÃ¼nefeldt.
- Slave Narratives (Book Review). Jones, Trevelyn E.; Toth, Luann; Charnizon, Marlene; Grabarek, Daryl; Larkins, Jeanne; Reardon, Elizabeth M. // School Library Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p181
Reviews the book `Slave Narratives,' edited by James Tackach.
- The Slave's Narrative (Book). Miller, Randall M. // Library Journal;3/1/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p487
Reviews the book 'The Slave's Narrative: Texts and Contexts,' edited by Charles T. Davis and Henry Louis Gates Jr.
- The Caribbean Salve (Book Review). Breeden, James A. // American Historical Review;Dec86, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p1300
Reviews the book 'The Caribbean Slave: A Biological History,' by Kenneth F. Kiple.
- Slaves and Slave Holders on the Gold Coast (Book). Rathbone, Richard // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);2002, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p508
Reviews the book 'Slaves and Slave Holders on the Gold Coast: Towards an Understanding of Social Bondage in West Africa,' edited by J.J. Shaffer and Paul E. Lovejoy.
- Coast of Slaves (Slavernes Kyst) (Book). Decorse, Christopher R. // International Journal of African Historical Studies;2004, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p166
Reviews the book "Coast of Slaves," by Thorkild Hansen and translated by Kari Dako.