Reform and Reconstruction: Britain after the War, 1945-51
- Reviews: British history. Grieves, Keith // Teaching History;Apr97, Issue 87, p45
Reviews the book `Reform and Reconstruction. Britain After the War 1945-51,' by Stephen Brooke.
- LABOUR PAINS. Williams, Shirley // New Republic;9/17/84, Vol. 191 Issue 12/13, p25
Reviews the book "Labour in Power: 1945 to 1951," by Kenneth Morgan.
- The Making of the Prime Minister. CROWLEY, DESMOND // Labour History;Nov1965, Issue 9, p54
The article reviews the book "The Making of the Prime Minister" by Anthony Howard and Richard West.
- The Labour Governments, 1945-51 (Book Review). Burridge, Trevor // American Historical Review;Apr85, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p418
Reviews the book 'The Labour Governments, 1945â€“51,' by Henry Pelling.
- Austerity Britain. // New Yorker;6/30/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 19, p77
The article reviews the book "Austerity Britain, 1945-1951," by David Kynaston.
- Britain's Declining Empire: The Road to Decolonisation, 1918-1968. R. G. C. // Contemporary Review;Autumn2007, Vol. 289 Issue 1686, p400
The article reviews the book "Britain's Declining Empire: The Road to Decolonisation, 1918-1968," by Ronald Hyam.
- The 1951 General Election. Street, Peter // History Today;Oct2001, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p57
Presents information on the General Election in Great Britain on October 25, 1951. Information on the pre-election services held; Television party political broadcasts made at that time; Turnout of votes.
- Blue Britannia. // New Statesman;10/3/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5073, p78
A caption is presented to a 1951 photograph of a supporter of the Conservative Party during that year's political campaign for national elections.
- Britain puts on the brakes. // America;3/11/1950, Vol. 82 Issue 23, p659
The article describes the parliamentary government of Great Britain in 1950. It states that the British government should have a majority of forty or fifty representatives from the House of Common. It adds that the British government refused to cooperate with the U.S. and Western European on...