The Political Economy of Nationalization in Britain 1920-1950
- Public and Private Ownership of British Industry 1820-1990 (Book Review). Kirby, Maurice // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter94, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p86
Reviews the book "Public and Private Ownership of British Industry: 1820-1990," by James Foreman-Peck and Robert Millward.
- John Singleton. Little, B. // Essence (Essence);Sep91, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p43
Profiles black filmmaker John Singleton. Educational background; Why he wanted to become a filmmaker; Current project, `Boyz N the Hood'; Future plans.
- Man of the golden west. // Time;11/18/1991, Vol. 138 Issue 20, Special issue p73
Profiles John Singleton, 23, whose first film `Boyz 'N the Hood' has grossed $56 million in four months. Singleton still lives in the gang-ridden war zone known as South Central Los Angeles, where, he says, `you need a good lawyer and an agent.'
- Breakthroughs. Wiley, M.; Bonaduce, D. // Entertainment Weekly;3/27/92, Issue 111, p48
Offers a look at Oscar firsts for blacks. John Singleton is the first black nominee for Best Director; Hattie McDaniel was the first black nominee for Best Supporting Actress; Duke Ellington got the first black nomination for Best Musical Score; More.
- John Singleton: Higher learning in Hollywood. Collier, Aldore // Ebony;Apr1995, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p122
Profiles black film director John Singleton. Success of his first film `Boyz N The Hood'; Latest movie `Higher Learning'; Goal in making movies; Personal and professional background; Relationship with model Tyra Banks; Plans for the future.
- Singleton youngest director to get Oscar nomination. // Jet;3/9/92, Vol. 81 Issue 20, p54
Announces that 24-year-old John Singleton, director of the film `Boyz N the Hood,' is the youngest person and the first black to be nominated for an Academy Award in the best director category.
- John Singleton. Chambers, Veronica // Seventeen;Aug93, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p158
Interviews `Poetic Justice' film director John Singleton. Awards won; Wearing sunglasses during interviews; Working with Janet Jackson; Dream project; Being a director.
- Departures: Removed. // BRW;5/20/96, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p159
Profiles John Singleton, who, in 1995, purchased an outdoor advertising company, in partnership with Kerry Packer, and who did not make it to the 1996 `Rich 200' listing. Number of times married; Children; Total wealth for 1995.
- Private and Public Enterprise in Europe: Energy, Telecommunications and Transport, 1830-1990. Auger, Jean-François // Canadian Journal of History;Winter2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p521
Reviews the book "Private and Public Enterprise in Europe: Energy, Telecommunications and Transport, 1830-1900," by Robert Millward.