- Essay Hungerâ€”Devouring Essays in the 21st Century. Bloom, Lynn Z. // American Book Review;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p3
The article presents the condition and future status of essays in the 21st century in the U.S. The author connotes the scarcity of essays and essay-writing compared to fiction novels and poetry in the same century in the country. She highlights the popular essays including autobiographicals,...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Valentino, Russell Scott // Iowa Review;Spring2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various poems, fiction and essays within the issue including "Squab," by Melissa Ginsburg, "Max," by Jason Ockert, and a piece about solicitous volunteerism by Fred Sasaki.
- Revisiting the Gothic and Theory An Introduction. Hogle, Jerrold E.; Smith, Andrew // Gothic Studies;May2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
This tenth anniversary issue of Gothic Studies reconsiders how the study of the Gothic mode in many venues (from fiction and drama to cinema and video) has been deeply affected by a wide range of psychoanalytical, historicist, cultural, and literary theories that have been, and can still be,...
- Editor's Note. Martin, Zachary; McGlynn, Karyna // Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature & Fine Arts;Winter/Spring2014, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p9
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue including essays, poetry and fiction.
- Afterword: Midwestern Muckrakers. Seaton, James // Exploring the Midwest Literary Imagination: Essays in Honor of D;1993, p203
An essay is presented on muckraking as an old Midwestern tradition in the U.S. It mentions the muckrakers discovered much to unveil in the Midwest, but the standards by which they are judged political trickery stayed the ideals of an older U.S. It discusses the great period muckraking ceased...
- Letter from the Editor. Kopacz, Paula // Eureka Studies in Teaching Short Fiction;2015, Vol. 11/12, preceding p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses topics including essays that delve on the use of psychology in presenting fictional works, essays that defy the barriers of discipline, culture and media and essays that appear different but present familiar realities.
- Fair Forms (Book Review). Dillon, R.T. // LJ: Library Journal;9/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 15, p1551
Reviews the book 'Fair Forms: Essays in English Literature From Spencer to Jane Austen,' edited by Maren-Sofie Rostvig.
- Introduction to Alan Palmer's "Social Minds in Criticism and in Fiction.". Knapp, John V. // Style;Summer2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p194
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses critical responses to the essay "Social Minds in Criticism and in Fiction."
- Education newswatch. // Teaching Pre K-8;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
Reports news on national contests and projects and on educational grant notices in the United States. Amount of prizes to be won in Highlights for Children 1998 Fiction Contest; Mechanics of the contest on Letters About Literature 1998; Sponsor of the Student Essay Project; How to join the...