THE IRONY OF VIRTUE: ETHICS AND AMERICAN POWER
- The Irony of Virtue: Ethics and American Power. Anderson, Brian C. // National Review;9/1/1998, Vol. 50 Issue 16, p52
The article reviews the book "The Irony of Virtue: Ethics and American Power," by Ernest W. Lefever.
- Katanga Revisited. KEARNEY, VINCENT S. // America;6/12/1965, Vol. 112 Issue 24, p863
The article reviews the book "Crisis in the Congo," by Ernest W. Lefever.
- The Limerick Reclaimed. Herman, Carol // World & I;Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p18
The article reviews the book "Liberating the Limerick," by Ernest W. Lefever.
- Spear and Sceptre: Army, Police and Politics in Tropical Africa (Book). Scott, R. D. // Journal of Political & Military Sociology;Fall73, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p307
Reviews the book "Spear and Sceptre: Army, Police and Politics in Tropical Africa," by Ernest W. Lefever.
- Dark Horses. Evans, M. Stanton // National Review;11/14/1980, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p1411
The article reviews two book on the U.S. intelligence service including "The CIA and the American Ethic," by Ernest W. Lefever and Roy Godson and "Intelligence Requirements for the 1980s," edited by Roy Godson.
- Scholars, Dollars, and Public Policy: New Frontiers in Corporate Giving/Does Big Business Rule America? Brock, James W. // Review of Industrial Organization;Spring1989, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p173
Reviews the books "Scholars, Dollars, and Public Policy: New Frontiers in Corporate Giving," by Ernest W. Lefever, Raymond English and Robert L. Schuettinger and "Does Big Business Rule America?," edited by Robert Hessen.
- The CIA: The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly? // Harvard International Review;Oct1980, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p24
The article reviews the books including "The CIA and the American Ethic," by Ernest W. Lefever and Roy Godson and "The Man Who Kept the Secrets: Richard Helms and the CIA," by Thomas Powers.
- Five myths about the Third World. Lefever, Ernest W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/15/88, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p286
Presents a speech by Ernest W. Lefever, president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, delivered to the Institute on World Affairs at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa on November 10, 1987. Characteristics of Third World countries; Reasons for the poverty of Third World countries; Effect...
- World Scene. Kearney, Vincent S. // America;11/27/1965, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p676
The article reviews several books including "Crisis in the Congo," by Ernest W. Lefever, "Struggle for the World," by Desmond Donnelly, and "Latin American Mission," by deLesseps S. Morrison.