- Reviews. Womersley, David // Review of English Studies;Feb99, Vol. 50 Issue 197, p112
Reviews the book `The Literary Genres of Edmund Burke: The Political Uses of Literary Form,' by Frans de Bruyn.
- LIBERAL REALISM. Koch, Bettina // Review of Politics;Spring2005, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p366
Reviews the book "Hume and Machiavelli: Political Realism and Liberal Thought," by Frederick G. Whelan.
- Reviews: Early modern Britain. Elofson, W.M. // Canadian Journal of History;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p257
Reviews the book `Edmund Burke and India: Political Morality and Empire,' by F.G. Whelan.
- Shorter Notices. Sweet, R. H. // English Historical Review;Nov98, Vol. 113 Issue 454, p1331
Reviews the book `Edmund Burke and India. Political Morality and Empire,' by Frederick G. Whelan.
- After Brezhnev (Book). Kuhlman, James R. // Library Journal;7/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 13, p1366
Reviews the book 'After Brezhnev: sources of Soviet conduct in the 1980s, edited by Robert F. Byrnes.
- Six remarkable men. Kaplan, H. // Commentary;Apr87, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p37
Six friends, Averell Harriman, Dean Acheson, Robert A. Lovett, John J. McCloy, Jr., George F. Kennan and Charles E. Bohlen were all born before or just after the turn of the century. Recounts the careers of the six remarkable men who came out of similar circumstances and worked together in...
- D'Amato changes his tune on Greenspan. // American Banker;6/24/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 120, p3
Presents news items about key political movers in Washington, D.C. as of June 24, 1996. Includes news on Senate Banking Committee Chairman Alfonse M. D'Amato's comment about Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan; Communiques between House Banking Committee Chairman Jim Leach and Rules...
- Who's who: Consultant sign ups. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Presents information on various political figures in the United States.
- Elder statesman. Pritt, R. Mostyn // New Statesman & Society;05/31/96, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p9
Discusses the importance of image for statesmen. Sample case of Russian statesman Leon Trotsky; Other examples of the role played by image on the success or failure of politicians; Implications for the leadership of Tony Blair in Britain's Labour Party.