The Coming Crisis
- EUTHANASIA IN AMERICA -- PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE: A REVIEW OF A MERCIFUL END AND FORCED EXIT. Larson, Edward J. // Michigan Law Review;May2004, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p1245
Reviews two books about physician-assisted death. "Merciful End: The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America," by Ian Dowbiggin; "Forced Exit: The Slippery Slope From Assisted Suicide to Legalized Murder," by Wesley J. Smith.
- Back from the USSR? Potemra, Michael // National Review;8/11/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 15, p45
The article reviews several books including "Darkness at Dawn: The Rise of the Russian Criminal State," by David Satter, "The Passion for Liberty," by Tibor R. Machan, "Liberation's Children: Parents and Kids in a Postmodern Age," by Kay S. Hymowitz, "Forced Exit: The Slippery Slope from...
- Playing God. Budziszewski, J. // National Review;7/14/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p45
The article reviews several books related to euthanasia and death including "Dancing with Mr. D: Notes on Life and Death," by Bert Keizer, "Seduced by Death: Doctors, Patients, and the Dutch Cure," by Herbert Hendin, "Forced Exit: The Slippery Slope from Assisted Suicide to Legalized Murder," by...
- California Suicide Bill 'Implicitly Anti-Catholic' // America;5/28/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the proposed California physician-assisted suicide legislation. Bioethics expert Wesley J. Smith views the legislation as strongly and implicitly anti-Catholic. He also accuses the advocates of the legislation of trying to bend the Catholic Church's moral teaching to the...
- Odium Generis Humani. WEIKART, RICHARD // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p41
No abstract available.
- No constitutional right to assisted suicide: US court. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;08/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p239
Reports that the decision concerning physician-assisted suicide is being left to the individual states, according to a US Supreme Court ruling of June 26, 1997.
- Challenges, changes expected to Oregon's assisted-suicide... // AHA News;06/22/98, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p6
Anticipates legislative challenges and changes to the assisted suicide law in Oregon. Plans to amend the law; Danger of the legalization of physician-assisted suicide. INSET: Focus shifts to hospice following suicide debate.
- Liberty, equality, death! Capron, Alexander Morga // Hastings Center Report;May/Jun96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p23
Reports on two federal court decisions claiming that state statutes prohibiting assisted suicide could not be applied against physicians who provide the means by which terminally ill patients can end their lives. Implication of judicial opinions for a broader practice of assisted suicide and...
- The Model Physician-Assisted Suicide Act and the jurisprudence of death. FitzGibbon, Scott; Lai, Kwan Kew // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Fall96, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p127
Describes the Model State Act to Authorize and Regulate Physician-Assisted Suicide. Principal provisions of the act and their effects; Comparison with the Oregon statute on physician-assisted suicide and to the rights held to be constitutionally protected in decisions by the United States...