PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATIONS OF TORT LAW
- Scholar targets punitive abuse. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;9/29/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p4
Three reforms could help reduce abuse in the awarding of punitive damages, according to a legal scholar who has spent three decades studying the issue. Punitive damages are, "on balance," a good thing, David G. Owen, Carolina distinguished professor of law at the University of South Carolina in...
- The Politics of Law (Book). Whiteman, Merlin // Library Journal;10/15/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 18, p2000
Reviews the book 'The Politics of Law: A Progressive Critique.'
- WOMAN AND THE LAW (Book Review). Kadzielski, Mark A. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun78, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p885
Reviews the book 'Woman and the Law,' edited by Eve Cary and Kathleen Willert Peratis.
- Peirce and Law: Issues in Pragmatism, Legal Realism and Semiotics (Book). Niiniluoto, Ilkka // Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society;Spring1993, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p287
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Peirce and Law: Issues in Pragmatism, Legal Realism and Semiotics,' edited by Roberta Kevelson.
- LAW IN JAPAN: THE LEGAL ORDER IN A CHANGING SOCIETY (Book). Bradshaw, Carl J. // California Law Review;Aug64, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p684
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Law in Japan: The Legal Order in a Changing Society,' edited by Arthur Taylor von Mehren.
- The Principles of Jewish Law (Book Review). Hoeing, Sidney B. // LJ: Library Journal;3/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p726
Reviews the book 'The Principles of Jewish Law,' edited and introduction by Menachem Elon.
- The People's Law Review (Book Review). Ray, Jack // Library Journal;11/15/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p2397
Reviews the book 'The People's Law Review,' edited by Ralph Warner.
- Law Enforcement (Book Review). Harris, Robert R. // Library Journal;2/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p476
Reviews the book 'Law Enforcement: A Selected Bibliography,' 2nd ed.
- The Guide to American Law (Book). // Library Journal;4/15/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p34
Reviews the book 'The Guide to American Law: Everyone's Legal Encyclopedia.'