THE SENSATE CULTURE: WESTERN CULTURE BETWEEN CHAOS AND TRANSFORMATION
- Rock of Ages. Francis, Joanna // National Review;5/3/1985, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p4
Reflects on the article "Ancient Gods and Cardboard Heroes," by Harold O.J. Brown regarding the decline of the American culture commending its view on living out of the Word of God and the article's treatment of the relationship between the arts and society.
- Christianity and the Class Struggle/How Black Is the Gospel? PROSEN, ANTHONY J. // America;3/6/1971, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p242
The article reviews the books "Christianity and the Class Struggle," by Harold O. J. Brown and "How Black Is the Gospel?" by Tom Skinner.
- PASSAGES. // Christianity Today;Sep2007, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p18
This section offers news briefs on several notable people in religion. Harold O. J. Brown, professor of theology and philosophy at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, North Carolina, has died. Pastor Kojo Nana Obiri-Yeboah has been arrested after trying to clear an electric shock machine...
- THE CHRISTIAN FUTURE OF AMERICA: TWO VIEWS. // Christianity Today;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p38
Presents an overview of two articles by evangelical leaders Harold O.J. Brown and Leith Anderson on the status of Christians in the U.S. society, published in the August 2004 issue of the periodical "Christianity Today."
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1996, Issue 68, p58
Presents views of Harold O. J. Brown on teaching the book "God: A Biography," by Jack Miles about the depiction of a God of whom nobody could possibly trust or love in Sunday School. Reason behind the inappropriateness of teaching the book to children; Introduction of twenty-third Psalm to...
- Modernity and Culture (Book). Lapidus, Ira M. // American Historical Review;Feb2003, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p299
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Modernity and Culture: From Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean,' edited by Leila Tarazi Fawaz and C.A. Bayly.
- Culture Works (Book). Robinson, Daniel J. // Canadian Journal of Communication;2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p134
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Culture Works: The Political Economy of Culture,' edited by Richard Maxwell.
- CULTURE IN AUSTRALIA (Book). Smith, Tony // Metro;Summer2003, Issue 135, p281
Reviews the book 'Culture in Australia: Policies, Public and Programmes,' edited by Tony Bennett and David Carter.
- Cultural Reconstruction in the New South Africa. Barber, Karin // African Studies Review;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p177
Reviews the book 'Senses of Culture: South African Culture Studies,' edited by Sarah Nuttall and Cheryl Ann Michael.