THE RISE OF THE IMPERIAL SELF: AMERICA'S CULTURE WARS IN AUGUSTINIAN PERSPECTIVE
- DWORKIN E POSNER ACERCA DA EXISTÃŠNCIA DE RESPOSTAS CERTAS PARA AS QUESTÃ•ES JURÃDICAS: A RECONSTRUÃ‡ÃƒO DE UM DEBATE. da Costa e Fonseca, Ana Carolina // Veritas;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p63
Dworkin responded in the affirmative to the title question of his text "Is there really no right answer in hard cases?". Posner criticized Dworkin and answered the same question in the negative. This article discusses the different ways in which each philosopher understood the question, and how...
- Artificial Happiness: The Dark Side of the New Happy Class. Chavez, Donna // Booklist;5/15/2006, Vol. 102 Issue 18, p13
Reviews the book â€œArtificial Happiness: The Dark Side of the New Happy Class,â€ by Ronald W. Dworkin.
- FILOSOFIA DO DIREITO E TEORIA JURÃDICA EM HABERMAS: IMPLICAÃ‡Ã•ES RECONSTRUTIVAS PARA UMA TEORIA DA SOCIEDADE. Hansen, Gilvan Luiz; Hamel, Marcio Renan // Veritas;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p72
This text examines the distinction and relation between legal philosophy and legal theory in the book Law and Democracy by JÃ¼rgen Habermas. To that end, I seek at first to reflect on the concepts of law sociology and philosophy of justice from the dialogue that opposes Habermas to Dworkin and...
- How to Avoid Cultural Collision. Fazzi, Cindy // Dispute Resolution Journal;Aug-Oct2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p105
Reviews the book "Bridging Cultural Conflicts: A New Approach for a Changing World," by Michelle LeBaron.
- Understanding Cultural Conflict. Ambe, Elizabeth Bl // Multicultural Education;Fall2004, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p58
Reviews the book "Other People's Children: Cultural Conflict in the Classroom," by Lisa Delpit.
- Disquiet in the Land: Cultural Conflict in American Mennonite Communities. Loewen, Royden // Journal of Mennonite Studies;1999, Vol. 17, p240
The article reviews the book "Disquiet in the Land: Cultural Conflict in American Mennonite Communities," by Fred Kniss.
- Culture and Conflict in the Middle East. Haugaard, Mark // Canadian Journal of Sociology;Spring2009, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p485
The article presents a review of the book "Culture and Conflict in the Middle East," by Philip Carl Salzman.
- On Reason: Rationality in a World of Cultural Conflict and Racism. Lyons, Paul // Philosophy East & West;Oct2012, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p574
The article reviews the book "On Reason: Rationality in a World of Cultural Conflict and Racism," by Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze.
- CULTURE CONFLICTS (Book). Kuper, Hilda // Social Forces;May48, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p485
Reviews the book "Culture Conflicts," by P. Kodanda Rao.