- The Anatomy of an Entrepreneur: Family, Culture, and Ethics. Heckman, Lucy // Library Journal;8/1/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p113
Reviews the book "The Anatomy of an Entrepreneur: Family, Culture, and Ethics," by Joseph J. Jacobs.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Founder Joe Jacobs Is Dead at 88. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/1/2004, Vol. 253 Issue 17, p13
Presents an obituary for Joseph J. Jacobs, founder and chairman of Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Pasadena, California.
- $23.5M Mixed-Use Project to Help Diamond Neighborhood Shine. Mowad, Michelle // San Diego Business Journal;1/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the significance of the Joe and Vi Jacobs Center on commercial properties and community centers in San Diego, California. The center is being developed by the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation foundation which costs $23.5 million. It is named in honor of Joseph J....
- Notable American Philanthropists: Biographies of Giving and Volunteering (Book) . // Booklist;7/1/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p1917
Reviews the book 'Notable American Philanthropists: Biographies of Giving and Volunteering,' edited by Robert T. Grimm.
- Investment in Infrastructure. Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Dec2010, p14
The article features Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. founded by Joseph J. Jacobs that is headquartered in Pasadena, California. The company, which grows by acquisitions, believes that understanding the basic goal of serving the client can contribute to its success. Kevin McMahon, vice president of...
- More Than 1,000 San Diegans Gather National Philanthropy Day. // San Diego Business Journal;12/6/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 49, pA29
The article reports on the gathering of San Diego, California philanthropists and nonprofit professionals for the 38th Annual National Philanthropy Day Luncheon sponsored by the Association of Fundraising Professionals San Diego chapter (AFPSD).
- AFRP to toast generous donors. // Chinatown News;10/18/93, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p18
Announces the nomination of three Chinese Canadians for the Philanthropic Leadership Award. Site of awards luncheon; Goals of award; Categories; Names of nominees; Background of association; Cost of tickets; Address and contact person.
- Sweet charity. Jubilee, Vincent // Caribbean Business;3/2/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 9, following p28
Deals with the growth in board membership with philanthropic organizations in Puerto Rico. Motivations for joining; Leading Puerto Rican philanthropists; Tips on getting invited to join boards.
- The ripple effect of a generous spirit. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;8/25/99, Vol. 91 Issue 189, p16
Profiles people whose generous spirit has impacted many, including Charles Joelson who saved public school libraries from closing, Eugene Lang, who provided college scholarships to New York City students, and Dominique Lapierre, who used royalties from books to help the impoverished in India.