BROOKLYN! AN ILLUSTRATED HISTORY
- Book reviews: Social sciences. Silverman, Scott H. // Library Journal;10/1/1996, Vol. 121 Issue 16, p100
Reviews the book `Brooklyn: An Illustrated History,' by Ellen Synder-Grenier.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;7/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 27, p48
Reviews the book `Brooklyn: An Illustrated History,' by Ellen Snyder-Grenier.
- N.J. city seks privatization offers. // Waste News;12/09/96, Vol. 2 Issue 30, p6
States that borough official in Rutherford requested that private hauling companies submit proposals prices on garbage pickup and other services which are provided by their Public Work Department, to compare them to the city's cost. Financial information on the borough.
- Five in one: The boroughs of NYC. Heidgen, Mary Ellen; Placksin, Sally // Cobblestone;Jun95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
Provides information on the boroughs in New York City. Unification of the boroughs; Founding of New Amsterdam; Naming of Staten Island.
- Cities within the city. // Crain's New York Business;8/18/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 33/34, p0020
The article presents a comparison of New York's boroughs such as Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
- Race to replace Ruth becoming crowded affair. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/25/96, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on the mayoral campaign in Manhattan, New York, for the position of borough president. Information on elections' participants; Information on Assemblywoman Deborah Glick, of Greenwhich Village, the only open gay member of the state Legislature.
- Boroughs lose claim to subsidy. // Public Finance;5/27/94, p3
Reports that six London boroughs which attempted to force the government to pay housing revenue account subsidy on ...223m of residual GLC housing debt have lost their House of Lords case. Ruling of the House of Lords for Enfield, Greenwich, Lewisham, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth and...
- Borough presidents seek their own revival. Robaton, Anna // Crain's New York Business;9/02/96, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p23
Reports on how New York City's five borough presidents try to regain lost power through economic projects and by luring firms. Elimination of the Board of Estimate in 1989; Undertakings involving advocacy; Implications of a bill passed by state legislators creating industrial development...
- The Eastern Boroughs (Book). Brinton, Ian // Use of English;Autumn2004, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p82
Reviews the book "The Eastern Boroughs," by John Welch.