- The War against the Poor: The Underclass and Antipoverty Policy./ Renewing American Compassion. Carlson, Allan // National Review;6/03/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p53
The article reviews the books "The War Against the Poor: The Underclass and Antipoverty Policy," by Herbert J. Gans, and "Renewing American Compassion," by Marvin Olasky.
- The right way to replace welfare. Olasky, Marvin // Policy Review;Mar/Apr96, Issue 76, p46
Presents an excerpt from the book `Renewing American Compassion,' on suggested alternatives for public welfare in the United States. Background of the country's welfare system; Criticisms on the decision to place welfare responsibilities on state officials; Questions to consider in changing the...
- How to dismantle the welfare state. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/05/96, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p36
Reviews the book `Renewing American Compassion: How Compassion for the Needy Can Turn Ordinary Citizens Into Heroes,' by Marvin Olasky.
- Tough love. Lenkowsky, Leslie // Commentary;Jul96, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p66
Reviews the book, `Renewing American Compassion,' by Marvin Olasky.
- Adult books: Nonfiction. // Booklist;01/01/97, Vol. 93 Issue 9/10, p757
Reviews the book `Renewing American Compassion,' by Marvin Olasky.
- The tragedy of American compassion. SCHANSBERG, D. ERIC // Public Choice;Nov93, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p684
The article reviews the book "The Tragedy of American Compassion," by Marvin Olasky.
- Welfare's wounded children. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/22/96, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p30
Outlines some of the ideas Marvin Olasky presented about welfare in his January 2, 1996 Progress and Freedom Foundation commentary. His contentions that welfare hurts children because it breeds apathy and that most of the money intended for welfare recipients never reaches them; His book, `The...
- MASS COMMUNICATION AND SOCIETY. Nelson, Roy Paul // Journalism Quarterly;Winter88, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p1023
Reviews the book "Prodigal Press: The Anti-Christian Bias of American News Media," by Marvin Olasky.
- CORPORATE PUBLIC RELATIONS: A NEW HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE (Book). Swift, Paul // Public Relations Quarterly;Fall87, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p3
Reviews the book "Corporate Public Relations: A New Historical Perspective," by Marvin N. Olasky.