Performing the Scriptures
- The Use of Sacrificial Ideas in Greek Christian Writers from the New Testament to John Chrysostom (Book). Kelly, Joseph K. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Mar82, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p146
Reviews the book 'The Use of Sacrificial Ideas in Greek Christian Writers From the New Testament to John Chrysostom,' by Frances M. Young.
- Book Review: Collected Essays By Frances Young: Frances M. Young, Exegesis and Theology in Early Christianity. Heath, Jane // Expository Times;Apr2014, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p361
No abstract available.
- New Light From Biblical Scholarship. Harrington, Daniel J. // America;3/31/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 11, p22
The article reviews several books including "The Nature of Biblical Criticism," by John Barton, "How to Read the Bible: A Guide to Scripture, Then & Now," by James L. Kugel, and "Brokenness & Blessing: Towards a Biblical Spirituality," by Frances M. Young.
- Exegesis and Theology in Early Christianity. BRUGAROLAS, Miguel // Scripta Theologica;ago2014, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p550
No abstract available.
- Biblical Exegesis and the Formation of Christian Culture (Book). Clines, D.J. // Journal for the Study of the Old Testament;Jun98 Book List, Issue 79, p139
Reviews the book 'Biblical Exegesis and the Formation of Christian Culture,' by Frances Young.
- Sacrifice and the Death of Christ (Book Review). Marsh, Douglas S. // Library Journal;9/15/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p1756
Reviews the book 'Sacrifice and the Death of Christ,' by Frances M. Young.
- Cyril of Alexandria: Fifth-Century Exegesis And The Rhetorical Schools. Chul Hee YOO // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2002, p1
In 1989, Frances Young contributed an article in a Festschrift for Henry Chadwick, an essay entitled â€˜The Rhetorical Schools and Their Influence on Patristic Exegesis. â€™ This essay is based on the ideas developed over a century by Edwin Hatch in The Influence of Greek Ideas on...
- The Cambridge History of Christianity: Origins to Constantine. Trigg, Joseph W. // Church History;Mar2007, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p163
The article reviews the book "The Cambridge History of Christianity: Origins to Constantine," edited by Margaret M. Mitchell and Frances M. Young.
- Books and Things. P.L. // New Republic;1/19/18, Vol. 13 Issue 168, p350
Reviews the book "Young France and New America," by Pierre de Lanux.