POSITIVE EXPECTATIONS OF AMERICA'S WORLD ROLE: HISTORICAL CYCLES OF REALISTIC IDEALISM
- Idealism and Revolution (Book Review). Nash, Ken // Library Journal;11/15/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p2338
Reviews the book 'Idealism and Revolution: New Ideologies of Liberation in Britain and the United States,' by David Bouchier.
- Neither here nor there. Matvejevitch, Pedrag // UNESCO Sources;May96, Issue 79, p12
Focuses on the trends in changing idealism all over the world. Democratorships; Fear of falling into trap of utopianism; Attitudes; Expectations.
- A turning of the critical tide? Iannonel, C. // Commentary;Nov89, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p57
Describes the limits of ideologically-based literary criticism and writing, using examples from current fiction. Denial of the possibility of transcendence; Conflict between the aesthetic and the political.
- German Idealism: The Struggle Against Subjectivism 1781-1801 (Book). Martin, Wayne M. // Mind;Jan2004, Vol. 113 Issue 449, p150
Reviews the book "German Idealism: The Struggle Against Subjectivism 1781-1801," by Frederick Beiser.
- Political Ideals (Book). Laski, Harold J. // New Republic;9/4/15, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p133
Reviews the book â€œPolitical Ideals,â€ by C. Delisle Burns.
- Idealism and Freedom (Book Review). Gunn, Albert E.; Pozzo, Riccardo // Review of Metaphysics;Sep2000, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p127
Reviews the book `Idealism and Freedom: Essays on Kant's Theoretical and Practical Philosophy,' by Henry E. Allison.
- Wilsonian Idealism in America (Book). Hixson, Walter L. // Social Science Quarterly (University of Texas Press);Mar97, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p242
Reviews the book "Wilsonian Idealism in America," by David Steigerwald.
- British Idealism: A History. WEINSTEIN, DAVID // Victorian Studies;Winter2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p355
No abstract available.
- BOOK REVIEWS. Capobianco, Richard // Review of Metaphysics;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p918
Reviews the book `Heidegger's Temporal Idealism,' by William D. Blattner.