The Marrying Kind
- A Politics of Homosexuality. Minogue, Kenneth // National Review;11/27/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p62
The article reviews the book "Virtually Normal: An Argument About Homosexuality," by Andrew Sullivan.
- Shah Arabia. Aikman, David // American Spectator;Sep96, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p50
Examines the June 1996 bombings of United States facilities in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Difference between Saudi Arabia and Iran; Saudi government's role in financing the fight against Soviets in the 1980s; Saudi Arabia as the most repressive regime in the 1990s; Saudi dislike for the Americans'...
- The Ambivalent One. Weber, Myles // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Winter99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p45
Reviews the book 'Love Undetectable: Notes on Friendship, Sex, and Survival,' by Andrew Sullivan.
- A Civil Libertarian States His Case. Schwartz, Michael // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Fall95, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p46
Reviews the book 'Virtually Normal: An Argument About Homosexuality,' by Andrew Sullivan.
- Why I Am a Catholic. Roehr, Bob // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Fall96, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p7
Interviews Andrew Sullivan, the gay author of the book 'Virtually Normal.' Significance of Sullivan's personal religious convictions in his life and work; Reflections on growing up Catholic; Sullivan's description of his belief and faith in God; Achievements as editor of the magazine 'The New...
- Man in the hot seat. Schulman, Sarah // Advocate;01/19/99, Issue 776/777, p87
Presents an interview with Andrew Sullivan, author of the book `Love Undetectable: Notes on Friendship, Sex and Survival.' Comment on sexual expression and self-esteem; Difference between gay male culture and lesbian culture; Grass-roots organization on marriage issue; Left-wing elites in gay...
- QUOTE / UNQUOTE. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/13/2008, Issue 1090, p23
The article presents quotes from comedian Jerry Lewis on his opinion of the game cricket, Gay writer Andrew Sullivan on his realization of his gayness, and openly lesbian tennis great Martina Navratilova on the acceptability of homosexuality in tennis.
- AMERICAN WEIMAR. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1992, Issue 28, p74
Focuses on the arguments presented by openly-gay Andrew Sullivan, the appointed editor of "The New Republic" regarding various political and social issues in the U.S. Reflection on the Republican Party; Issues concerning homosexuality that were addressed by Sullivan; Status of the common...
- One Man's Marriage Trap. Katz, Justin // National Review;12/31/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 25, p30
Profiles writer Andrew Sullivan. Advocate for same-sex marriage; Discussion of his contradictory arguments; Reference to his book, "Virtually Normal"; His confusing discussion of religious opposition to homosexuality; Reference to "theoconservatism" in a 1998 "New York Times Magazine" cover...