- NEVER UPON A HOLIDAY. Ryan, Peter // Quadrant Magazine;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 7/8, p127
The article reviews the book "Envy: A Theory of Social Behavior," by Helmut Schoeck.
- Envy (Book Review). Young Back Choi // Southern Economic Journal;Apr90, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p1140
Reviews the book 'Envy: A Theory of Social Behavior,' by Helmut Schoeck.
- THE USEFUL GRIEVANCE. Ryan, Peter // Quadrant Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p95
The article reviews two books including "The Theory of the Leisure Class," by Thorstein Veblen and "Envy: A Theory of Social Behaviour," by Helmut Schoeck.
- Driven by envy. Seid, Roberta Pollack // Shape;Nov98, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p42
Presents information on envy. Information on an individual's experience with envy; Relationship between envy and jealousy; Reason envy occurs; Comments about being envied; Reference to the book `Envy: A Theory of Social Behavior,' by Helmut Schoeck; Claims that envy is part of the human condition.
- Soziologie. Geschichte ihrer Probleme. Hoffmann, Harriet // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1953/1954, Vol. 6, p280
The article reviews the book "Soziologie. Geschichte ihrer Probleme," by Helmut Schoeck.
- Medical Care: A Survey Backfires. Campion, Donald R. // America;10/15/1960, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p76
The article focuses on the controversial result of the medical care survey conducted by James W. Wiggins and Helmut Schoeck. It reveals that the unscientific and untenable conclusions of the survey are questioned by academic and professional groups. Furthermore, it causes series of debates in...
- Do you suffer from job envy? Koonce, Richard // Training & Development;May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p16
Talks about job envy. Reasons why people covet somebody else's career and professional status; Envy as natural; Dealing with envy; Harnessing the power of envy to help achieve one's goals.
- Why envy is good for you. Dormen, Lesley // Redbook;Jul95, Vol. 185 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on the benefits of occasional envy. Improvement of self; Clues to a person's desire and dreams; Use of envy to empower one to achieve goals.
- Why do we want what we don't have...Because somebody else has it? Townley, Roderick // Cosmopolitan;Dec95, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p196
Discusses various aspects of envy. Factors that make envy worse; People's means of concealing their feeling of envy; How to break out of the cycle of envy and resentment.