DINING WITH THE DEVIL: THE MEGACHURCH MOVEMENT FLIRTS WITH MODERNITY
- Is big bad? Robinson, Haddon // Christianity Today;3/7/94, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p37
Reviews the book `Dining with the Devil,' by Os Guinness.
- Out of Step and Fine with It. Hansen, Collin // Christianity Today;May2009, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p28
The article profiles South Florida Presbyterian pastor Tullian Tchividjian, author of the book "Unfashionable: Making a Difference in the World by Being Different." It is his belief that Christians need to forsake any hope of winning cultural acceptance in order to affect the culture for the...
- An Evangelical Among the Anglican Liturgists. Dunnett, Walter M. // Anglican Theological Review;Spring2010, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p400
The article reviews the book "An Evangelical Among the Anglican Liturgists," by Colin Buchanan.
- Fudge ripple at the Rock. Kachur, R. // Christianity Today;3/4/88 Special Issue, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
An analysis of the Rock of Our Salvation Evangelical Free Church and the opinions and policies of its pastor, Reverend Raleigh Washington. The church is located in the 95 percent black neighborhood of Austin, on the West Side of Chicago, Ill. Reverend Washington is the denomination's first...
- Ruling in Minnesota bankruptcy case affirms RFRA. // Church & State;Jun96, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the ruling of the United States 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, in the case of `Christians v. Crystal Evangelical Free Church' in Minnesota, relating to contributions made to the church by a couple whose business went into bankruptcy. Hope of creditors to seize the contributions;...
- Fudge ripple Sundays. // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p24
Deals with the formation of the Rock of Our Salvation ministry. Beginnings from the Circle Church; Former Circle Church member Glen Kehrein's experiences; Relationship with Raleigh Washington; Shortcomings of the Circle Church; Features of the Rock of Our Salvation ministry.
- The Dust of Death. Gaffney, James W. // America;3/31/1973, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p292
The article reviews the book "The Dust of Death," by Os Guinness.
- Recovering the Art of Christian Persuasion. Fabian, Aaron // Eleutheria;Fall2015, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p56
No abstract available.
- Evangelical Ireland. Miller, Paul // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2008, Issue 181, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "While We're At It," by Richard John Neuhaus in the December 2007 issue.