THE ART OF DEVOTION IN THE LATE MIDDLE AGES IN EUROPE 1300-1500
- Book reviews: Medieval. Ziegler, Joanna E. // Catholic Historical Review;Jul1996, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p553
Reviews the book `The Art of Devotion in the Late Middle Ages in Europe, 1300 to 1500,' by Henk van Os, with Hans Nieuwdorp et al.
- Not a household--nor an easily pronounced--name. Packer, Lelia // Art Newspaper;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 24 Issue 270, p53
No abstract available.
- Eight Allegorical Female Figures. // Public Sculpture of Glasgow;2002, p155
Information about the sculptures of eight "Allegorical Female Figures," by sculptor John Rhind is presented. It describes that the figures are all draped and seated on pedestals which are aligned vertically with the coupled Corinthian columns in the piano nobile. It states that the figures are...
- HEAVEN ON EARTH. Schjeldahl, Peter // New Yorker;11/21/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 37, p100
This article profiles painter Fra Angelico. His paintings may be the all-time best advertising for Christian piety. Angelico was born Guido di Pietro, near Florence, of unknown parents. His secret in painting is sincerity. Wholly absorbed in his subjects, Angelico seems freshly surprised by the...
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // America;8/17/1918, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p461
The article lists the books received by the publication including "Eight-Minute Sermons," by William Demony, "What Every Woman Knows," by James M. Barrie, and "Kipling, the Story-Writer," by Walter Morris Hart.