What Mendel Wrought
- Debunking the myth that whole-genome sequencing infringes thousands of gene patents. Holman, Christopher M // Nature Biotechnology;Mar2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p240
In the article, the author discusses the issues on the threats posed by whole-genome sequencing in the gene patents in the U.S. He claims that human gene patents could present a threat on whole-genome sequencing (WgS), which could adversely affect multigenic diagnostic testing and personalized...
- Duke Study Shows Exclusive Gene Licenses Shut Out Markets. Young, Donna // BioWorld Today;4/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 74, p3
The article discusses a series of case studies conducted by Duke University researchers in an effort to analyze the exclusive licenses for drug development and biologics. The studies discovered that exclusive licenses are being used in the field of gene testing in order to clear competition. The...
- World of Genetics (Book). // Booklist;6/1/2002, Vol. 98 Issue 19/20, p1788
Reviews the book 'World of Genetics, Second edition,' edited by K. Lee Lerner and Brenda Wilmoth Lerner.
- Genetic Testing (Book). Warren, Virginia // European Journal of Public Health;Jun2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p156
Review the book 'Genetic Testing: Policy Issues for the New Millennium.'
- Genetics in Endocrinology. Baumann, Gerhard // New England Journal of Medicine;12/5/2002, Vol. 347 Issue 23, p1897
Reviews the book 'Genetics In Endocrinology,' edited by John D. Baxter.
- Physiological Genetics (Book). Davis, Rowland H. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec80, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p696
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Physiological Genetics,' edited by John G. Scandalios.
- Encyclopaedia of genetics (Book). Lee, John A. // Biologist;Dec2001, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p286
Reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Genetics," edited by Eric C.R. Reeve.
- Genetics and Metabolism (Book). Thier, Samuel O. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep70, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p504
Reviews the book 'Genetics and Metabolism,' edited by P.K. Bondy and Leon E. Rosenberg.
- A dictionary of genetics (Book). Mulligan, P.K. // Genome;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p176
Reviews the non-fiction book 'A Dictionary of Genetics,' 6th ed., by Robert C. King and William D. Stansfield.