THE QUESTION OF FREE WILL: A HOLISTIC VIEW
- THE AGE OF ANALYSIS. // New Yorker;10/15/1955, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p179
The article reviews the book "The Age of Analysis," edited by Morton White.
- Foundations of Historical Knowledge. Gargan, Edward T. // America;11/13/1965, Vol. 113 Issue 20, p594
The article reviews the book "Foundations of Historical Knowledge," by Morton White.
- The Philosophy of the American Revolution (Book). Szatmary, David // Library Journal;9/1/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p1642
Reviews the book 'The Philosophy of the American Revolution: a historical and analytical study,' by Morton White.
- History. O'CONNOR, JOHN J. // America;11/26/1955, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p241
The article reviews several books including "The Crecy War," by Alfred H. Burne, "The United States and Argentina," by Arthur P. Whitaker, and "The Age of Analysis: Twentieth Century Philosophers," by Morton White.
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...
- A checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Sudol, Peg; King, Caryn M. // Reading Teacher;Feb96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p422
Describes a checklist for choosing nonfiction trade books. Use of trade books to teach language arts; Organization and layout of trade books.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // America;8/17/1918, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p461
The article lists the books received by the publication including "Eight-Minute Sermons," by William Demony, "What Every Woman Knows," by James M. Barrie, and "Kipling, the Story-Writer," by Walter Morris Hart.