After Modernity, What?
- O fascismo moderno. Piacente Júnior, José Carlos // Fides Reformata;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p123
No abstract available.
- The New Classical Schooling. Leithart, Peter J. // Intercollegiate Review;Spring2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p3
The article provides information onthe Classical Christian Education (CCE), a movement of educational renewal that takes place mostly among U.S. Protestants. According to philosopher Michael Oakeshott, learning should be delivered under conditions of directions and restraint designed to promote...
- Family as Calling. Rivadeneira, Caryn // Christianity Today;Mar2012, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p51
An interview with Gene Edward Veith and Mary Moerbe, father and daughter authors of the book "Family Vocation: God's Calling in Marriage, Parenting, and Childhood" is presented. He believes that God has been working through his family and brought Mary into her callings as wife and mother. He...
- 'Born Again' College. Blunt, Sheryl Henderson // Christianity Today;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p15
The article focuses on the changes that will be made in the administration and policies at the Patrick Henry College in Purcellville, Virginia. Several professors and executives of the school have resigned in 2005 due to academic freedom disputes. The new leadership will unify the school...
- Modernity and Culture (Book). Lapidus, Ira M. // American Historical Review;Feb2003, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p299
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Modernity and Culture: From Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean,' edited by Leila Tarazi Fawaz and C.A. Bayly.
- Culture Works (Book). Robinson, Daniel J. // Canadian Journal of Communication;2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p134
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Culture Works: The Political Economy of Culture,' edited by Richard Maxwell.
- CULTURE IN AUSTRALIA (Book). Smith, Tony // Metro;Summer2003, Issue 135, p281
Reviews the book 'Culture in Australia: Policies, Public and Programmes,' edited by Tony Bennett and David Carter.
- Cultural Reconstruction in the New South Africa. Barber, Karin // African Studies Review;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p177
Reviews the book 'Senses of Culture: South African Culture Studies,' edited by Sarah Nuttall and Cheryl Ann Michael.
- FRAGMENTS OF CULTURE THE EVERYDAY OF MODERN TURKEY (Book). Rhodes, Fred // Middle East;May2002, Issue 323, p40
Reviews the book 'Fragments of Culture the Everyday of Modern Turkey,' edited by Deniz Kandiyoti and Ayse Saktanber.