- Thought and Action. Karp, Masha // Common Review;Spring2006, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p41
Reviews the book "The Promise of Politics," by Hannah Arendt, edited by Jerome Kohn.
- All that is Given: Hannah Arendt on being Jewish. Gornick, Vivian // Boston Review;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p27
This essay discusses the book "The Jewish Writings," by Hannah Arendt, edited by Jerome Kohn and Ron H. Feldman. One of the most recurrent elements in the book is Hannah's passionate insistence, throughout the war, that the Jews of the world should mount their own army and fight Hitler with guns...
- EDITORIAL. // New Formations;Spring2011, Issue 71, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented citing the presentation of a collection of essays on and inspired by the work of political thinker Hannah Arendt.
- HANNAH ARENDT 'AFTER MODERNITY.'. Baum, Devorah; Bygrave, Stephen; Morton, Stephen // New Formations;Spring2011, Issue 71, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the authors cite essays on and inspired by the work of political philosopher Hannah Arendt, including one by Dan Stone on the reasons for the revival of interest in Arendt's work in the new field of genocide studies, another by Simon Swift on...
- Arendt's Judgment. Greif, Mark // Dissent (00123846);Spring2004, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p98
Reviews the books "Responsibility and Judgment," by Hannah Arendt and edited by Jerome Kohn and "Letters 1925-1975: Hannah Arendt and Martin Heidegger," edited by Ursula Ludz and translated by Andrew Shields.
- A Treasure for the Future. Kristol, Irving // New Republic;7/10/61, Vol. 145 Issue 2/3, p19
Reviews the book "Between Past and Future: Six Exercises in Political Thought," by Hannah Arendt.
- Truth, Lies, and Politics: A Conversation. Young-Bruehl, Elisabeth; Kohn, Jerome // Social Research;Winter2007, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p1045
The article presents the transcript of a conversation between Elisabeth Young-Bruehl, an author and psychoanalyst and Jerome Kohn, director of the Hannah Arendt Center at the New School for Social Research, New York City. In the piece they discuss the dialogic thinking of political philosopher...
- RESPONSIBILITY AND JUDGMENT (Book). Gold, Sarah F.; Chenoweth, Emily; Rotella, Mark; Andriani, Lynn; Reiss, Jana; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p71
Reviews the book "Responsibility and Judgment," by Hannah Arendt and edited by Jerome Kohn.
- DEFENDING THE PLURAL: HANNAH ARENDT AND GENOCIDE STUDIES. Stone, Dan // New Formations;Spring2011, Issue 71, p46
This essay examines the reasons for the revival of interest in Hannah Arendt's work in the new field of genocide studies. In The Origins of Totalitarianism, Arendt puts forward the 'boomerang thesis', suggesting that the roots of European totalitarianism, especially Nazism, lay in overseas...