Gay Marriage: Reimagining Church History
- A Groom of One's Own? Shaw, Brent D. // New Republic;7/18/94-7/25/94, Vol. 211 Issue 3/4, p33
Reviews the book "Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe," by John Boswell.
- Did They Or Didn't They? Buell, Denise Kimber // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Fall94, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p27
Reviews the book 'Same-Sex Unions in Pre-Modern Europe,' by John Boswell.
- Do You Take This Manâ€¦. Wright, David // National Review;8/29/1994, Vol. 46 Issue 16, p59
The article reviews the book "Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe," by John Boswell.
- Get the Word Out! DeVeer, Florine // Whosoever;Jul/Aug96, pN.PAG
Presents information on books related to same-sex marriage. "Essential Guide to Gay and Lesbian Weddings," by Tess Ayers; "Same-sex Unions in Premodern Europe," by John Boswell; "Case for Same-Sex Marriage," by William Eskridge Jr.
- You may now kiss the groom. Stumpf, Doug // New York;6/20/94, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p59
Highlights the writing of the book `Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe,' by Yale history professor John Boswell. Boswell as pioneer in gay studies; Discovery of manuscript in the Vatican Library; Elements of same sex service; Reaction of conservative religious groups.
- "Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe": An Exchange. Hexter, Ralph // New Republic;10/3/94, Vol. 211 Issue 14, p39
Comments on Brent D. Shaw's review of John Boswell's book "Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe," which appeared in the July 18, 1994 issue of the "The New Republic," including a response from Shaw. Criticism of Shaw's account of the book; Views of Shaw regarding adelphopoiesis; Views of Shaw on...
- `Doonesbury' draws attention to new book on same-sex unions. Preston, Bill // National Catholic Reporter;7/1/94, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p5
Discusses factors which brought the issue of same-sex relations in church history to public consciousness. John Boswell's book `Same-Sex Union in Pre-Modern Europe' on gays and lesbians's use of sacred rituals to formalize their unions; Boswell's 1980 book `Christianity, Social Tolerance, and...
- I Was Wrong: Rethinking Anti-Gay Scripture. Maneker, Jerry S. // Whosoever;Sep/Oct99, pN.PAG
Explores the views on homosexuality in the Bible. Homage to various pagan deities that existed in the Roman world according to the Apostle Paul; Biblical evidence that prove that homosexuality is never mentioned as a sin; Passage from the book "Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe," by John...
- Nonfiction. // Publishers Weekly;11/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p41
Reviews the book `Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe,' by John Boswell.