THE CULTURE OF CITIZENSHIP: INVENTING POSTMODERN CIVIC CULTURE
- Rhetorical foundations for postmodern age. Tinder, Glenn // Review of Politics;Summer95, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p554
Reviews the book `The Culture of Citizenship: Inventing Postmodern Civic Culture,' by Thomas Bridges.
- Young Composer's Premiere. // Organ;Aug-Oct2010, Vol. 89 Issue 353, p7
The article reports on the debut of a musical performance by Thomas Bridges, a teenaged composer and a former chorister at Queen's Chapel of the Savoy, in July 2010 in London, England.
- Â¿Son los anglicanos argentinos? Un primer debate sobre la evangelizaciÃ³n protestante y la naciÃ³n. Seiguer, Paula // Revista Escuela de Historia;2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p59
On September 27th 1886 a bill was presented to the Deputy Chamber of the National Congress asking for the grant of eight leagues of land on the Beagle channel in the name of the anglican missionary Thomas Bridges. The petition, sent by the executive, gave rise to a heated debate, in which it...
- Meet Thomas and Susannah Bridges. Trippe-McRee, K. // Appleseeds;Sep2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p20
The article presents the diary entries of 10 years old Thomas Bridges and 13 years old Susannah Bridges which showed the tough life of orphans in Jamestown, Virginia in the 1600s. The brother and the sister were indentured for household help in Jamestown in exchange for food and a place to live....
- Modernity and Culture (Book). Lapidus, Ira M. // American Historical Review;Feb2003, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p299
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Modernity and Culture: From Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean,' edited by Leila Tarazi Fawaz and C.A. Bayly.
- Culture Works (Book). Robinson, Daniel J. // Canadian Journal of Communication;2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p134
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Culture Works: The Political Economy of Culture,' edited by Richard Maxwell.
- CULTURE IN AUSTRALIA (Book). Smith, Tony // Metro;Summer2003, Issue 135, p281
Reviews the book 'Culture in Australia: Policies, Public and Programmes,' edited by Tony Bennett and David Carter.
- Cultural Reconstruction in the New South Africa. Barber, Karin // African Studies Review;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p177
Reviews the book 'Senses of Culture: South African Culture Studies,' edited by Sarah Nuttall and Cheryl Ann Michael.
- FRAGMENTS OF CULTURE THE EVERYDAY OF MODERN TURKEY (Book). Rhodes, Fred // Middle East;May2002, Issue 323, p40
Reviews the book 'Fragments of Culture the Everyday of Modern Turkey,' edited by Deniz Kandiyoti and Ayse Saktanber.