GAY NEW YORK: GENDER, URBAN CULTURE, AND THE MAKING OF THE GAY MALE WORLD 1890-1940
- Closet Space. Stansell, Christine // New Republic;11/21/94, Vol. 211 Issue 21, p37
Reviews the book "Gay New York: Gender, Urban Culture, and the Making of the Gay Male World 1890-1940," by George Chauncey.
- Gay New York (Book). van Buskirk, Jim // James White Review;Winter96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p21
Reviews the book 'Gay New York: Gender, Urban Culture, and the Making of the Gay Male World, 1890-1940,' by George Chauncey.
- Historian discusses marriage and Lawrence v. Texas at Harvard. Allen, Matthew // Bay Windows;2/9/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on gay issues discussed by George Chauncey, history professor at the University of Chicago, during his lecture at the Harvard University on February 3, 2006. At his lecture, Chauncey has tackled a wide range of issues ranging from his involvement in the Lawrence versus Texas...
- On Being Out in the 90's â€” the 1890's. Dawidoff, Robert // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Summer94, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p32
Reviews the book 'Gay New York: Gender, Urban Culture and the Making of the Gay Male World 1890-1940,' by George Chauncey.
- Why Marriage? The History Shaping Today's Debate Over Gay Equality. Turner, Graham // Just Out;12/3/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p36
Reviews the book "Why Marriage? The History Shaping Today's Debate Over Gay Equality," by George Chauncey.
- WHY MARRIAGE? THE HISTORY SHAPING TODAY'S DEBATE OVER GAY EQUALITY (Book). DeCrescenzo, Teresa // Lesbian News;Nov2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p33
Reviews the book "Why Marriage? The History of Shaping Today's Debate Over Gay Equality," by George Chauncey.
- Film. McGrath, Mike // ScotsGay Magazine;May2013, Issue 138, p24
The article reviews the film "The Parade," directed by Srdjan Dragojevic and starring Nikola Kojo and Milos Samolov.
- Workaday life. Heil, Matthew // Echo Magazine;12/18/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p58
Reviews the book "Lavender Road to Success, The Career Guide for the Gay Community," by Kirk Snyder.
- Called to Love the Gay Community. Sider, Rob // PRISM Magazine;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p40
The article reviews the book "Love Is an Orientation: Elevating the Conversation With the Gay Community," by Andrew Marin.