- Lord Acton: Historian of Liberty. Hennesey, James // America;1/7/1978, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p21
The article reviews the book "Lord Acton: Historian of Liberty," by Robert Schuettinger.
- ESSAYS ON FREEDOM AND POWER (Book). Kattsoff, L. O. // Social Forces;Oct49, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p102
Reviews the book "Essays on Freedom and Power," by Lord Acton.
- Shorter notices. Young, B.W. // English Historical Review;Nov96, Vol. 111 Issue 444, p1331
Reviews the book `Lord Acton's History of Liberty. A Study of his Library, with an Edited Text of his History of Liberty Notes,' by George Watson.
- LECTURES ON THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. Dolan, Helen // America;6/27/1959, Vol. 101 Issue 13, p478
The article reviews the book "Lectures on the French Revolution," by Lord Acton.
- Lord Acton and His Times. ADELMAN JR., MAURICE // America;3/15/1969, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p310
The article reviews the book "Lord Acton and His Times," by David Mathew.
- ACTON IN ITALY. Felice, Flavio // University Bookman;Summer2008, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p27
The article focuses on John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, Baron Acton of Aldenham, described as one of the greatest Catholic liberals. A background of Acton is presented putting him within Western liberalism and the Catholic tradition. His whiggery is defined which is based upon liberty rooted...
- Quote…Unquote;. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Jan2007, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p32
The article presents quotes from notable people in politics and other fields. U.S. politician Benjamin Franklin believes that people who are willing to trade freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both. Author Margaret MacMillan criticizes the U.S. government's arrest of Muslims...
- FREEDOM AND NATIONHOOD. Cranston, Maurice // National Review;1/18/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p44
The article presents an exchange of political dialogues between conservative liberal Lord Acton and radical John Stuart Mill regarding the issue of freedom and nationalism. In Mill's opinion, where there was a sentiment of nationality in a certain people, there was a case for uniting them under...
- FREIHEIT UND GLEICHHEIT ALS ZENTRALPROBLEME DER DEMOKRATIE. Freund, Ludwig // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1948/1949, Vol. 1, p373
The article presents some basic outlines of a definition of democracy, then provides a historic discussion of freedom and equality, citing the writings of Lord Acton and James Fitzjames Stephen, as well as the Federalist papers. Then tension and correlation between freedom and equality are...