ON POWER: THE NATURAL HISTORY OF ITS GROWTH
- THE CAVE OF THE MINOTAUR. Newman, James R. // New Republic;6/20/49, Vol. 120 Issue 25, p21
Reviews the book "On Power: Its Nature and the History of Its Growth," by Bertrand de Jouvenel.
- Sovereignty--an Inquiry into the Political Good (Book). Lyman, Stanford // California Law Review;Mar1958, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p148
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Sovereignty--An Inquiry into the Political Good,' by Bertrand de Jouvenel.
- THE ART OF CONJECTURE. Ritterbush, Philip // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1967, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p33
The article reviews the book "The Art of Conjecture," by Bertrand De Jouvenel and translated by Nikita Lary.
- Bertrand de Jouvenel's melancholy liberalism. Anderson, Brian C. // Public Interest;
Discusses the melancholy liberalism of French philosopher and political economist Bertrand de Jouvenel. Personal background; Information on his book `On Power: The Natural History of Its Growth'; Analysis of his book `Sovereignty.'
- Mademoiselle Nira. Childs, Marquis W. // New Republic;1/17/34, Vol. 77 Issue 998, p286
Reviews the books "Roosevelt and His America," by Bernard FaÃ¿ and "La Crise du Capitalisme AmÃ©ricain," by Bertrand de Jouvenel.
- The Chastened Liberal. // Wilson Quarterly;Summer2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p93
Focuses on the views of French thinker Bertrand de Jouvenel on the dangers of liberal democracy. Overview of his book `On Power: The Natural History of Its Growth'; Implication of the notion of popular sovereignty to the state.
- Bertrand de Jouvenel. // Futurist;May/Jun87, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p6
Presents an obituary for Bertrand de Jouvenel, a pioneer in the fields of futurism and economic forecasting who died in March 1987 in Paris, France. Career background; Achievements and contributions to futurism; Membership in organizations.
- A Symposium on Bertrand de Jouvenel: Introduction. Mahoney, Daniel J. // Political Science Reviewer;2003, Vol. 32, p36
Introduces a series of commentaries on the works and ideas of political philosopher Bertrand de Jouvenel. His reputation as one of the leading political philosophers of the 20th century; Absence of doctrinalism in his works; His stand on modernity and individualism; Stature he achieved with his...
- "The Team Against the Committee": Fighting Tyranny and Terrorism Without Losing Our Liberal Soul. DesRosiers, David // Political Science Reviewer;2003, Vol. 32, p58
Discusses the views of political philosopher Bertrand de Jouvenel that can give understanding on how the United States and other democratic liberal Western countries can effectively deal with the challenge of terrorism without losing the essence of their democratic-liberal societies. Impact of...