A Man for Our Time?
- The Philosopher of Sympathy. Margalit, Avishai // New Republic;2/20/95, Vol. 212 Issue 8, p31
Describes the life of philosopher Isaiah Berlin. Belief that there is a difference between scientific understanding and the understanding of human affairs; Interest in the sensibility of an idea; Theme of his book "The Magus of the North"; Emergence of his liberalism.
- Book reviews: Social sciences. Armour, Leslie // Library Journal;4/1/1994, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p107
Reviews the biography `The Magus of the North: J.G. Hamann and the Origins of Modern Irrationalism,' by Isaiah Berlin.
- Other titles: Philosophy & religion. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p91
Reviews the book `The Magus of the North: J.G. Hamann and the Origins of Modern Irrationalism,' by Isaiah Berlin.
- A Foxy Hedgehog. Kateb, George // American Scholar;Winter76-Winter77, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p124
Reviews the book 'Vico and Herder. Two Studies in the History of Ideas,' by Isaiah Berlin.
- Vico and Herder (Book Review). Armour, Leslie // LJ: Library Journal;4/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p1022
Reviews the book 'Vico and Herder: two studies in the history of ideas,' by Isaiah Berlin.
- Concepts and Categories (Book Review). Hoffman, Robert // Library Journal;1/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p195
Reviews the book 'Concepts and Categories: Philosophical Essays,' by Isaiah Berlin and edited by Henry Hardy, with introduction by Bernard Williams.
- Philosophy With Imagination. Curtler, Hugh M. // Modern Age;Winter1983, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p99
Reviews the book "Concepts and Categories," by Isaiah Berlin.
- THE SENSE OF REALITY: STUDIES IN IDEAS AND THEIR HISTORY (Book). Bute, Monte // Humanity & Society;Nov98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p432
Reviews the book "The Sense of Reality: Studies in Ideas and Their History," by Isaiah Berlin.
- The Soviet Mind/Shostakovich on Stalin (Book). P.R. // Russian Life;May/Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p60
Reviews the books "The Soviet Mind," by Isaiah Berlin and "Shostakovich on Stalin," by Solomon Volkov.