MUTUALITY: THE HUMAN IMAGE OF TRINITARIAN LOVE
- OUTLAWS. Navone, John J. // America;4/8/1961, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p122
The article reviews the book â€œOutlaws,â€ by Danilo Dolci.
- The Art of Giving. // Commonweal;02/26/99, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p16
Reflects on the art of giving. Why almsgiving is the oldest spiritual practices enjoined by all of the world's religions; Reflection on being tricked in charitable giving; Preference on local efforts in serving the poor; Rational process in charitable giving.
- Spiritual Gifts and Giving. Throop, John R. // Clergy Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p25
Discusses the gift of giving among Christians. Information on people with the spiritual gift of giving; Definition of liberality; Steps toward spiritual maturity in the church congregation.
- The Paradox of Generosity: Giving We Receive, Grasping We Lose. Czaderna, Bianca // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2015, Issue 251, p65
No abstract available.
- Point of Embarkation. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;12/23/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 21, p6
Reflects on the Christmas season. Association of generosity with Christmas; Characteristics of Advent; What Christmas should be.
- Christmas giving. // Christian Science Monitor;12/5/97, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p17
Looks at genuine generosity from a Christian Science perspective. The unfulfilled expectations which can occur through uninspired giving; Giving for the glory of God; The gift of Christly peace; Peace as a law of God; How it is God's nature to give; Expressing God's love through giving.
- Links between spirituality and generosity must continually be rebuilt. Rieke, Thomas C. // Clergy Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p12
Deals with ways on giving importance to the relationship between spirituality and generosity. Investments in the achievements of parish communities; Offering of funds to the church; Details on planned giving in parishes.
- Of Many Things. Martin, James // America;12/23/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 21, p2
Focuses on the religious aspect of gift giving. Habits of the American buyer during the Christmas season; Effort and struggle that many people go through before such season; Impulse to give and make someone happy.
- Introduction. Bernstein, Richard J. // Social Research;Summer2013, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p339
An introduction is presented to a special section on the history and cultural practice of giving in Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, and Islamic communities.