The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators
- Cultural Index is a Good Idea; Bennett Try for President Isn't. Blackburn, Thomas E. // National Catholic Reporter;4/8/94, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p16
Features former drug czar and United States Education Secretary William J. Bennett and his book called `Index of Leading Cultural Indicators.' Collection of charts and graphs on the performance of the United States socially; Baseline year of Bennett's index.
- Crime & the Cure of the Soul. Colson, Charles // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1993, Issue 36, p8
Comments on the solutions suggested by William Bennett concerning the eroding moral foundations in the U.S., published in his book "Index of Leading Cultural Indicators." Argument of Bennett on the cost of incarcerating offenders; Liberal view on the cause of crime; Suggested moral responses to...
- Head to Toe Exam: U.S.A. 1999. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;12/20/1999, Vol. 51 Issue 24, p71
The article highlights some of the social statistics mentioned in the book "The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: American Society at the End of the Twentieth Century," by William J. Bennett, released in the U.S. market in 1999. The book contains some data about U.S. society and the economy...
- The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: Facts & Figures on the State of American Society. Coleman Jr., William E. // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Fall94, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p358
Reviews the book `The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: Facts and Figures on the State of American Society,' by William J. Bennett.
- The State of the Union: 2000. Buckley Jr., William F. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p193
Presents information about the social conditions in the United States taken from the report `Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: American Society at the End of the 20th Century,' by William J. Bennett. Positive results include reductions in welfare, violent crime, abortion and divorce; Number...
- Divided We Stand. Nussbaum, Martha C. // New Republic;1/10/94-1/17/94, Vol. 210 Issue 2/3, p38
Reviews the book "The Book of Virtues: A Treasury of Great Moral Stories," edited and with a commentary by William J. Bennett.
- THE BROKEN HEARTH (Book). // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb2002, Issue 120, p73
Reviews the book 'The Broken Hearth: Reversing the Moral Collapse of the American Family,' by William J. Bennett.
- WHY WE FIGHT (Book). Gold, Sarah F.; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;3/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 10, p64
Reviews the book 'Why We Fight: Moral Clarity and the War on Terrorism,' by William J. Bennett.
- Pulp Fiction. Walzer, Michael // New Republic;11/27/95, Vol. 213 Issue 22, p36
Reviews the book "The Moral Compass: Stories for a Life's Journey," edited by William J. Bennett.