THE RETURN TO SCRIPTURE IN JUDAISM AND CHRISTIANITY
- Collected essays. Fischer, Mark F. // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Apr95, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p431
Reviews the book `The Return to Scripture in Judaism and Chritianity: Essays in Postcritical Scriptural Interpretation,' edited by Peter Ochs.
- Book review. Paley, Michael // Tikkun;May/Jun94, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p83
Reviews the book `A Return to Scripture in Judaism and Christianity: Essays in Postcritical Scriptural Interpretation,' by Peter Ochs.
- Another Reformation: Postliberal Christianity and the Jews. Smerick, Christina // Studies in Christian-Jewish Relations;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
The article reviews the book "Another Reformation: Postliberal Christianity & the Jews," by Peter Ochs.
- Another Reformation: Postliberal Christianity and the Jews. Brueggemann, Walter // Christian Century;10/18/2011, Vol. 128 Issue 21, p32
A review of the book "Another Reformation: Postliberal Christianity and the Jews," by Peter Ochs is presented.
- The Jewish-Christian Schism Revisited. Chancey, Mark A. // Christian Century;6/14/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p38
Reviews the book "The Jewish-Christian Schism Revisited," by John Howard Yoder, edited by Michael G. Cartwright and Peter Ochs.
- Response to Peter Ochs' "Comparative Religious Traditions". Segal, Robert A. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Mar2006, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p129
Peter Ochs proposes a clever compromise to reconcile the conventional opposition of theology to comparison altogether with the conventional commitment of religious studies to comparison unbounded. He proposes that comparison be undertaken, but only between religions that have either sought to...
- Abrahamic Scriptural Reading from an Anglican Perspective. Quash, Ben // Journal of Anglican Studies;Nov2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p199
This article offers a distinctively Anglican evaluation of the practice of Scriptural Reasoning. It draws upon personal experience, and frames its discussion with two â€˜case studiesâ€™ describing SR study in action. It engages closely with Peter Ochs's positive theorization of Anglican...
- Peacemaking among the Abrahamic Faiths: An Interview with Peter Ochs. Geddes, Jennifer L. // Hedgehog Review;Spring2004, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p90
Presents an interview with Peter Ochs, the Edgar Bronfman Professor of Modern Jewish Studies at the University of Virginia, founding editor of the "Journal of Scriptural Reasoning," and co-director of the Children of Abraham Institute. He is the author of numerous books including "Reasoning...
- The Issue of Truth as it Arises from the Praxis of Scriptural Reasoning. Lambkin, Magdalen // Currents of Encounter;2012, Vol. 46, p197
An essay on the religious truth arises from the praxis of scriptural reasoning. It highlights the liberal approach to the range o religious truth claims as explained in the theology of religions. It says that scriptural reasoning is a practice of interreligious dialogue that involves the joint...