BEAUTIFUL LOSERS: ESSAYS ON THE FAILURE OF AMERICAN CONSERVATISM
- War with MARs. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Apr94, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p71
Reviews the book `Beautiful Losers: Essays on the Failure of American Conservation,' by Samuel Francis. Agenda for counterrevolution of conservative values; America as victim of managerial revolution; Opposition to modern megastate.
- Neocon-bashing. Himmelfarb, Dan // Commentary;Feb1994, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p55
Reviews the book `Beautiful Losers: Essays on the Failure of American Conservatism,' by Samuel Francis. Debates on neo- and paleoconservatism; Ambivalence toward modernity and liberal democracy as a theme; Discussion of Martin Luther King Jr.; Defense of a form isolationism; Welfare state.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 36, p75
Reviews the book `Beautiful Losers: Essays on the failure of American Conservatism,' by Samuel Francis.
- THE RIGHT BOOKS. Williamson Jr., Chilton // National Review;9/26/1986, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p58
Reviews the book "Smuggling Revolution: The Sanctuary Movement in America," by Samuel Francis.
- ON THE SURFACE. Sobran, Joseph // National Review;4/20/1984, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p46
The article reviews the book "Power and History: The Political Thought of James Burnham," by Samuel T. Francis.
- The Psychological Fictions of J. G. Ballard. Wilson, D. Harlan // Extrapolation (University of Texas at Brownsville);2014, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p128
No abstract available.
- THE MACHIAVELLIAN POETRY OF JAMES BURNHAM. Coleman, Peter // Quadrant Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p84
Reviews two books about poet James Burnham. "James Burnham and the Struggle for the World: A Life," by Daniel Kelly; "James Burnham," by Samuel Francis.
- A Voice of Truth. Wilson, Clyde // Modern Age;Fall1984, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p378
Reviews the book "Power and History: The Political Thought of James Burnham," by Samuel T. Francis.
- Ballard and His Discontents. Baxter, Jeannette // Science Fiction Studies;Nov2012, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p527
The article reviews the book "The Psychological Fictions of J.G. Ballard," by Samuel Francis.