THE UNITED STATES AND DEMOCRACY IN CHILE
- Other books in review. Loveman, Brian // Studies in Comparative International Development;Spring95, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p121
Reviews the book `The United States and Democracy in Chile,' by Paul E. Sigmund.
- Reviews of books: Latin America. Fleet, Michael // American Historical Review;Dec94, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p1793
Reviews the book `The United State and Democracy in Chile,' by Paul E. Sigmund.
- LIBERATION THEOLOGY AT THE CROSSROADS: DEMOCRACY OR REVOLUTION. Lowenthal, Abraham F. // Foreign Affairs;Winter90/91, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p194
The article reviews the book "Liberation Theology at the Crossroads: Democracy or Revolution," by Paul E. Sigmund.
- Liberation Theology at the Crossroads: Democracy or Revolution? (Book). Hupp, Steven // Library Journal;3/15/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p94
Reviews the religious book "Liberation Theology at the Crossroads: Democracy or Revolution?" by Paul E. Sigmund.
- The inter-American system as a liberal `Pacific Union'? Peceny, Mark // Latin American Research Review;1994, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p188
Reviews books on foreign economic relations between the United States and Latin America. Includes `The United States and Latin America in the 1990s,' edited by Jonathan Hartlyn, Lars Schoultz and Augusto Varas, `Latin America in a New World,' edited by Abraham Lowenthal and Gregory Treverton...
- Venezuela's Silver Anniversary. Horn, Miriam // Harvard International Review;Apr1984, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p26
The article focuses on the political and economic conditions of Venezuela in 1980s. Despite the economic downturn of the country, it marked its 25th year anniversary as most enduring democracy in Latin America. Meanwhile, the 17 percent unemployment, declining growth, and external debt exceeding...
- The Selected Political Writings of John Locke. G. F. B. // Contemporary Review;Dec2005, Vol. 287 Issue 1679, p383
The article reviews the book "The Selected Political Writings of John Locke," edited by Paul E. Sigmund.
- In Faith and In Fact. BRESLIN, PATRICK // America;4/8/1978, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p287
The article reviews the book "The Overthrow of Allende and the Politics of Chile: 1964-1976," by Paul E. Sigmund.
- RECENT BOOKS The Western Hemisphere. // Foreign Affairs;Oct70, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p169
Reviews several books about U.S. foreign policy in Latin America. "Models of Political Change in Latin America," edited by Paul E. Sigmund; "The New Latins: Fateful Change in South and Central America," by Georgie Anne Geyer; "Death of a Revolutionary: Che Guevara's Last Mission," by Richard...