MEXICAN AMERICANS: THE AMBIVALENT MINORITY
- Minority Reports. Masugi, Ken // National Review;10/4/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p57
The article reviews two books about multiculturalism including "Mexican Americans: The Ambivalent Minority," by Peter Skerry and "A Different Mirror: A History of Multicultural America," by Ronald Takaki.
- Demographic Dynamics of the U.S.-Mexico Border/Mexican-Americans: The Ambivalent Minority/Latino Voices: Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Cuban Perspectives on American Politics. Maxwell, Kenneth // Foreign Affairs;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p157
The article reviews several books including "Demographic Dynamics of the U.S.-Mexico Border," by John R. Weeks and Roberto Ham-Chande, "Mexican-Americans: The Ambivalent Minority," by Peter Skerry, and "Latino Voices: Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Cuban Perspectives on American Politics," by...
- The Longest Migration. Portes, Alejandro // New Republic;4/26/93, Vol. 208 Issue 17, p38
Reviews several books about Hispanic Americans. "Latinos: A Biography of the People," by Earl Shorris; "Mexican Americans: The Ambivalent Minority," by Peter Skerry; "The Other Side: Fault-Lines, Guerrilla Saints and the True Heart of Rock 'n' Roll," by Ruben Martinez; "Days of Obligation: An...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Wolk, Suzanne; Love, James; Skerry, Peter; Hood, John M.; Sanders, Kirk R.; Russert, Timothy J. // New Republic;6/21/93, Vol. 208 Issue 25, p6
Presents letters to the editors concerning socio-economic and political developments covered in the previous issues of the magazine. Fiber optic superhighway; View on Mitch Kapor's Electronic Frontier Foundation and the regulatory issues facing the emerging telecommunications infrastructure;...
- The Right to Be Counted. Persily, Nathaniel // Stanford Law Review;Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p1077
Reviews the book `Counting on the Census?: Race, Group Identity, and the Evasion of Politics,' by Peter Skerry.
- Mexican Americans: The Reluctant Minority (Book). de La Garza, Rodolfo O. // Social Science Quarterly (University of Texas Press);Jun94, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p460
Reviews the book "Mexican Americans: The Reluctant Minority," by Peter Skerry.
- Counting on the Census (Book Review). Masugi, Ken // Human Events;8/27/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 32, special section p20
Reviews the book `Counting on the Census: Race, Group Identity, and the Evasion of Politics,' by Peter Skerry.
- Mexican Immigration Is Different. Skerry, Peter // American Enterprise;Dec2000, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p22
Presents an excerpt from the speech of Peter Skerry during his presentation to a conference on immigration which was sponsored by the McCormick Tribune Foundation and the Center for Immigration Studies on July 28, 2000.
- BOOKS IN REVIEW. Skrentny, John D. // Society;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p86
Reviews several books about society. "Counting on the Census? Race, Group, Identity, and the Evasion of Politics," by Peter Skerry; "The Gentleman From New York: Daniel Patrick Moynihan: A Biography," by Godfrey Hodgson; "The New Social Question: Rethinking the Welfare State," by Pierre...