CITIZEN CHRISTIANS: THE RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF DUAL CITIZENSHIP
- Richard Land. Hansen, Collin // Christianity Today;Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p17
An interview with Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, is presented. He believes that some tax polities work better than others in terms of results. He expresses his opinion on how evangelicals can improve at translating Scriptural...
- Partial-birth abortion ban again ruled wrong. // Christian Century;9/21/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 19, p17
Reports on the ruling of U.S. District Judge Richard Casey of New York City on August 26, 2004 regarding the federal Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. Views of several conservatives and Christians on the ban on partial birth abortions; Comments from supporters of abortion rights; Way to eliminate...
- Bush 'same God' remark irks evangelicals. // Christian Century;12/13/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the claim of U.S. President George W. Bush that Christians and Muslims "worship the same God" criticized by conservative Christian leaders as of December 2003. Reaction of Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention, to the claims of Bush; Comments from Ted Haggard , president...
- Richard Land. Guthrie, Stan // Christianity Today;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p31
Interviews Richard Land, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention in the U.S., about his book "Imagine! A God-Blessed America: How It Could Happen and What Would It Look Like." Purpose for writing the book; Views on the U.S. as a Christian...
- Richard Land loses show, keeps his leadership job. Gibson, David // Christian Century;6/27/2012, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p19
The article reports that Richard Land, the head of the denomination Southern Baptist Convention's (SBC's) Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC), has been was removed from the radio program Richard Land Live! due to alleged plagiarism and racial insensitivity in comments on the shooting...
- The Divided States of America? What Liberals and Conservatives are Missing in the God-and-Country Shouting Match. Dunn, James K. // Journal of Church & State;Winter2008, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p174
The article reviews the book "The Divided States of America? What Liberals and Conservatives are Missing in the God-and-Country Shouting Match," by Richard Land.
- Evangelical-Catholic effort loses Baptists. // National Catholic Reporter;4/28/95, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p7
Reports that Richard D. Land and Larry L. Lewis have issued a joint statement on an unofficial document `Evangelicals and Catholics Together' signed by a number of Protestant and catholic leaders.
- Southern Baptist Official Caves To Pressure From Anti-Islamic Co-Religionists. // Church & State;Mar2011, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the resignation of Richard D. Land, head of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) from an interfaith coalition which consisted of Jewish, Protestant and Catholic leaders that secure religious liberty rights for Muslims.
- Top SBC ethicist calls waterboarding torture. // Christian Century;6/2/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p15
The article reports on the public statements of the Southern Baptist ethicist Richard Land regarding the practice of waterboarding. Details are given quoting Land's assertions that the practice is torture and a morally evil action. Further details are given noting Land's criticisms of both U.S....