Is Modernity Good for the Jews?
- Arthur A. Cohen's Resplendent Vision. Levinson, Julian // Prooftexts;Spring2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p259
Reviews the book "An Arthur A. Cohen Reader: Selected Fiction and Writings on Judaism, Theology, Literature, and Culture," edited by David Stern and Paul Mendes-Flohr.
- Buber Without Tears. Dannhauser, Werner J. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar1994, Issue 41, p42
Reviews the book "The Letter of Martin Buber: A Life of Dialogue," edited by Nahum N. Glatzer and Paul Mendes-Flohr, translated by Richard Winston, Clara Winston and Harry Zohn.
- Contemporary Jewish Religious Thought: Original Essays on Critical Concepts, Movements, and Beliefs (Book). // American Libraries;May89, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p402
Reviews the book "Contemporary Jewish Religious Thought: Original Essays on Critical Concepts, Movements, and Beliefs," edited by Arthur A. Cohen and Paul Mendes-Flohr.
- A LAND OF TWO PEOPLES: MARTIN BUBER ON JEWS AND ARABS. Campbell, John C.; Despard, Lucy Edwards // Foreign Affairs;Summer83, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p1209
Reviews the book "A Land of Two Peoples: Martin Buber on Jews and Arabs," edited by Paul R. Mendes-Flohr.
- Beyond Dialogue: New Scholarship in German-Jewish Studies. Gillman, Abigail // Prooftexts;Spring2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p242
Reviews several books on German-Jewish studies. "The Discourse on Yiddish in Germany. From the Enlightenment to the Second Empire," by Jeffrey A. Grossman; "Between Redemption and Doom: The Strains of German-Jewish Modernism," by Noah Isenberg; "German Jews: A Dual Identity," by Paul Mendes-Flohr.
- The Encyclopedia of Judaism (Book). Kaplan, Paul // Library Journal;2/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p78
Reviews the book "The Encyclopedia of Judaism," edited by Geoffrey Wigoder.
- The Encyclopedia of Judaism (Book). Jacob, Arnold // Review of Biblical Literature;2002, Vol. 4, p72
Reviews the book 'The Encyclopedia of Judaism,' edited by Jacob Neusner.
- Judaism: The Key Spiritual Writings of the Jewish Tradition (Book). Cohen, Ann E. // Library Journal;Dec1991, Vol. 116 Issue 21, p152
Reviews the book 'Judaism: The Key Spiritual Writings of the Jewish Tradition,' edited by Arthur Hertzberg.
- Judaism (Book Review). Glatt, Carol R. // Library Journal;3/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p603
Reviews the book 'Judaism,' by Michael Kaniel.