INTERPRETING MAIMONIDES: STUDIES IN METHODOLOGY, METAPHYSICS, AND MORAL PHILOSOPHY
- Books. Johnson, W.A. // Christian Century;1/23/91, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p87
Reviews `Interpreting Maimonides: Studies in Methodology, Metaphysics, and Moral Philosophy,' by Marvin Fox.
- Book reviews. Lang, Berel // Judaism;Spring93, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p250
Reviews the book `Interpreting Maimonides: Studies in Methodology, Metaphysics, and Moral Philosophy,' by Marvin Fox. Methods of interpretation of philosophical writing; Maimonides' ethics; Restrictions and limitations of Fox's dissertation.
- APPROACHES TO MAIMONIDES' GUIDE. McCallum, Donald // European Judaism;Autumn2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p19
Provides information on the book "The Guide of the Perplexed," by philosopher Moses Maimonides. Views of author Leo Strauss on the book; Details of the book's introduction; Opinion of commentator Marvin Fox on the observations of Strauss on the book.
- THE GUIDE OF THE PERPLEXED. Levy, Joshua // European Judaism;Autumn2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p30
Provides information on the book "The Guide of the Perplexed," by philosopher Moses Maimonides. Views of commentator Marvin Fox on the methodology of the book; Details of Maimonides' concept of God; Position of Maimonides on the language that can be used with reference to God.
- The Philosophy of Evolution (Book). Hoffman, Robert // Library Journal;1/1/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p96
Reviews the book 'The Philosophy of Evolution,' edited by Uffe J. Jenson and Rom Harre.
- Philosophy as Saá¹ƒvÄda and SvarÄj: Dialogical Meditations on Daya Krishna and Ramchandra Gandhi. Bhattacharya, Sibesh // Philosophy East & West;Jan2016, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p342
No abstract available.
- Husserl (Book Review). Collins, Maurice L. // Library Journal;4/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p928
Reviews the book 'Husserl: Expositions and Appraisals,' edited by Frederick Elliston and Peter McCormick.
- Dennett's Philosophy (Book). Ratcliffe, Matthew // British Journal for the Philosophy of Science;Dec2002, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p597
Reviews the book 'Dennett's Philosophy: A Comprehensive Assessment,' edited by Don Ross, Andrew Brook and David Thompson.
- A Philosophy of Walking. Basciano, Oliver // Art Review;Apr2014, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p136
No abstract available.