READINGS IN THE CLASSICAL HISTORIANS
- THE ANCIENT HISTORIANS. // New Yorker;1/2/1971, Vol. 46 Issue 46, p64
The article reviews the book "Ancient Historians," by Michael Grant.
- Michael Grant. Weidenfeld, George // History Today;Dec2004, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the contributions of Cambridge, England bred-ancient historian Michael Grant to the field of wartime political warfare and intelligence. Career background; Outcome of the decision of Grant to leave his academic life and rely entirely on his income from writing; Characteristics of...
- From Alexander to Cleopatra (Book). Ruebel, James S. // Library Journal;3/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p499
Reviews the book 'From Alexander to Cleopatra: The Hellenistic World,' by Michael Grant.
- The Cambridge Ancient History Plates to Volumes I and II (Book Review). Simon, Stephen J. // Canadian Journal of History;Dec78, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p443
Reviews the book 'The Cambridge Ancient History,' Volumes I and II, edited by I.E.S. Edwards, C.J. Gadd, N.G.L. Hammond and E. Sollberger.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient History. Odom, Brian // Booklist;3/15/2013, Vol. 109 Issue 14, p66
A review of the book "Encyclopedia of Ancient History," edited by Roger Bagnall and others, is presented.
- The Encyclopedia of Ancient History (13 vols.). Vanderspoel, John // Bryn Mawr Classical Review;Sep2013, p40
The article reviews the book "The Encyclopedia of Ancient History" edited by Roger S. Bagnall.
- Sources for Ancient History. Crook, J. A. // Antiquity;Jul84, Vol. 58 Issue 223, p149
Reviews the book "Sources for Ancient History," edited by Michael Crawford.
- Sexual Asymmetry (Book Review). Pomeroy, Sarah B. // American Historical Review;Jun89, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p724
Reviews the book 'Sexual Asymmetry: Studies in Ancient Society,' edited by Josine Blok and Peter Mason.
- Dumbarton Oaks Papers (Book Review). De F. Abrahamese, Dorothy // American Historical Review;Jun77, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p615
Reviews the book 'Dumbarton Oaks Papers,' number 29.