MEMOIRS IN EXILE: CONFESSIONAL HOPE AND INSTITUTIONAL CONFLICT
- How Churches Crack Up: The Case of the Lutheran Church-- Missouri Synod. Meilaender, Gilbert // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1991, Issue 14, p38
Presents information on the book "Memoirs in Exile: Confessional Hope and Institutional Conflict," by John H. Tietjen. Background on Tietjen; Religious issues raised in the book; Research project organized by Martin Scharlemann, president of Concordia Seminary in Saint Louis, Missouri to...
- John Tietjen, pivotal Lutheran figure, dies. // Christian Century;3/9/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p18
Pays tribute to John H. Tietjen, a prominent Lutheran personality in the United States, who died of cancer on February 15, 2004 at the age of 75.
- Discord at Concordia. // Time;2/4/1974, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p58
The article reports on the closure of Concordia Seminary, the biggest Lutheran seminary in the world, by a faculty and student boycott in Saint Louis, Missouri in 1974. It states that Reverend John H. Tietjen's, the president of Concordia, out was the reason for the closure on charges amounting...
- The Life and Times of Chaucer/The Poetry of Chaucer (Book Review). Fry, Donald K. // Library Journal;4/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p925
Reviews books about Geoffrey Chaucer. 'The Life and Times of Chaucer,'; 'The Poetry of Chaucer,' by John Gardner.
- Biography Almanac (Book). Hochberg, Alan C. // Library Journal;10/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 18, p2014
Reviews the book 'Biography Almanac.'
- Chopin (Book Review). Macleod, Beth // Library Journal;9/15/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p1736
Reviews the book 'Chopin,' by George R. Marek with Maria Gordon-Smith.
- Tip (Book Review). Miller, William Thomas // Library Journal;6/15/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p1379
Reviews the book 'Tip: a biography of Thomas P. O'Neill,' by Paul Clancy and Shirley Elder.
- Sequoya (Book Review). Frey, Yvonne A. // School Library Journal;Sep88, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p176
Reviews the book 'Sequoyah,' by Jan Gleiter and Kathleen Thompson.
- Beltran (Book Review). Woelfel, Roger // Library Journal;3/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p606
Reviews the book 'Beltran: Basque Sheepman of the American West,' by Betran Paris as told to William A. Douglass.