DOING FAITHJUSTICE: AN INTRODUCTION TO CATHOLIC SOCIAL THOUGHT
- Book reviews: Arts & humanities. Craft, C. // Library Journal;5/1/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p81
Reviews the book "Doing Faith Justice: An Introduction to Catholic Social Thought," by Fred Kammer.
- Talk of welfare cuts scares charities official. // National Catholic Reporter;1/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p5
Reports on Catholic Charities USA official Jesuit Fr. Fred Kammer's view on the reduction in welfare programs. Estimates of welfare reductions; Number of people who were provided emergency assistance in 1981 and 1993.
- Nation briefs. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;04/24/98, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p8
Presents several articles pertaining to the Catholic church. Placement of Father Roy Bourgeois, a priest at the United States Army School of the Americas in Maryknoll, in solitary confinement; Information on a book entitled `Life on the Land: A Call to Reflection and Action on Agriculture in...
- `Are you better off? is the `wrong question'. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;10/04/96, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p5
Reports on the criticisms of Catholic priests on campaign rhetoric in the United States. Jesuit priest Fred Kammer's comments on election-year questions; Kammer's recommendations on the kind of statements given by political candidates; Bishop Anthony Pilla's views on government responsibility.
- New national goal: End poverty as we know it. // National Catholic Reporter;01/19/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p28
Editorial. States that Jesuit Father Fred Kammer is calling for an end of poverty in the United States. Some disturbing trends revealed by the mid-December 2000 report by the Catholic Charities USA; Findings about hunger, according to a report by the United States Conference of Mayors;...
- Why Catholic? (Book). Asher, Richard E. // Library Journal;3/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p739
Reviews the book 'Why Catholic?,' edited by John J. Delaney.
- Evangelizing Catholics. // Catholic Answer;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p36
No abstract available.
- American Catholics (Book). Heiser, W. Charles // Library Journal;1/1/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p99
Reviews the book 'American catholics: A History of the Roman Catholic Community in the United States,' by James J. Hennesey and with a foreword by John Tracy Ellis.
- Catholics in the Movies. Butler, Betsy // Catholic Library World;Mar2009, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p225
The article reviews the book "Catholics in the Movies," edited by Colleen McDannell.