- Americans: The View from Abroad (Book). Worcester, Kent // Library Journal;7/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p116
Reviews the book "Americans: The View from Abroad," by James C. Simmons.
- The Big Book of Adventure Travel: 500 Great Escapes. Cohen, Ann E. // Library Journal;3/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p107
Reviews the book `The Big Book of Adventure Travel: 500 Great Escapes,' by James C. Simmons.
- The Novelist as Historian: Essays on the Victorian Historical Novel. Smith, Sheila M. // Modern Language Review;Jul1975, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p609
Reviews the book "The Novelist as Historian: Essays on the Victorian Historical Novel," by James C. Simmons.
- T.E. LAWRENCE: FACT AND FICTION. Brose, Marianna // English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920;1988, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p339
Reviews two books on T. E. Lawrence. "T. E. Lawrence: A Biography," by Michael Yardley; "Passionate Pilgrims: English Travelers to the World of the Desert Arabs," by James C. Simmons.
- The Newest Americans (Book). // Booklist;11/15/2003, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p620
Reviews the book "The Newest Americans".
- American Disasters (Book Review). Gilbert, Ellen D. // Library Journal;11/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p122
Reviews the book 'American Disasters,' edited by Steven Biel.
- IALJS Seeks Submissions for Literary Journalism Journal. // AEJMC News;Jul2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p10
A call for papers for the special issue of the "Literary Journalism Studies" on African American literary journalism in the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries, with a deadline on October 1, 2012, is presented.
- The First Americans (Book). Dumond, Don E. // American Scientist;Sep/Oct80, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p579
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The First Americans: Origins, Affinities, and Adaptations,' edited by William S. Laughlin and Albert B. Harper.
- American Drama Criticism (Book Review). Harris, Robert R. // Library Journal;5/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p1106
Reviews the book 'American Drama Criticism: Supplement II,' compiled by Floyd Eugene Eddleman.