- Americans: The View from Abroad (Book). Worcester, Kent // Library Journal;7/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p116
Reviews the book "Americans: The View from Abroad," by James C. Simmons.
- The Big Book of Adventure Travel: 500 Great Escapes. Cohen, Ann E. // Library Journal;3/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p107
Reviews the book `The Big Book of Adventure Travel: 500 Great Escapes,' by James C. Simmons.
- The Novelist as Historian: Essays on the Victorian Historical Novel. Smith, Sheila M. // Modern Language Review;Jul1975, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p609
Reviews the book "The Novelist as Historian: Essays on the Victorian Historical Novel," by James C. Simmons.
- T.E. LAWRENCE: FACT AND FICTION. Brose, Marianna // English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920;1988, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p339
Reviews two books on T. E. Lawrence. "T. E. Lawrence: A Biography," by Michael Yardley; "Passionate Pilgrims: English Travelers to the World of the Desert Arabs," by James C. Simmons.
- The Newest Americans (Book). // Booklist;11/15/2003, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p620
Reviews the book "The Newest Americans".
- IALJS Seeks Submissions for Literary Journalism Journal. // AEJMC News;Jul2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p10
A call for papers for the special issue of the "Literary Journalism Studies" on African American literary journalism in the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries, with a deadline on October 1, 2012, is presented.
- The First Americans (Book). Dumond, Don E. // American Scientist;Sep/Oct80, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p579
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The First Americans: Origins, Affinities, and Adaptations,' edited by William S. Laughlin and Albert B. Harper.
- American Painting (Book). Brown, Jack Perry // Library Journal;7/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p74
Reviews the book "American Painting," edited by Francesca Castrina Marchetti.
- American Ethnic Writers. Moffett, Cara // School Library Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p80
This article reviews the book "American Ethnic Writers," published by the Salem Press.