HISTORY, RELIGION, AND ANTISEMITISM
- History, Religion, and Antisemitism (Book). Berger, David // American Historical Review;Dec91, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p1498
Reviews the book `History, Religion, and Antisemitism,` by Gavin I. Langmuir.
- From Myth to Murder. Alter, Robert // New Republic;5/20/91, Vol. 204 Issue 20, p34
Presents books about antisemitism. "History, Religion, and Antisemitism," by Gavin I. Langmuir; "Toward a Definition of Antisemitism," by Gavin I. Langmuir; "Revolutionary Antisemitism in Germany From Kant to Wagner," by Paul Lawrence Rose.
- Toward a Definition of Antisemitism (Book). Nelson, Otto M. // Review of Religious Research;
Reviews the book "Toward a Definition of Antisemitism," by Gavin I. Langmuir.
- Gavin I. Langmuir. Koziol, Geoffrey; Given, James // Perspectives;Apr2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p40
The article presents an obituary for Gavin I. Langmuir, a fellow of the Medieval Academy.
- Shorter notices. Jordan, William Chester // English Historical Review;Apr94, Vol. 109 Issue 431, p545
Reviews the book `History, Religion, and Antisemitism,' by Gavin I. Langmuir.
- Holy Hatred: Christianity, Antisemitism, and the Holocaust. Pawlikowski, John T. // Journal of Church & State;Summer2007, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p562
Reviews the book "Holy Hatred: Christianity, Antisemitism, and the Holocaust," by Robert Michael.
- Antisemitism and the Foundations of Chrisitianity. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Dec82, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p619
Reviews the book 'Antisemitism and the Foundations of Christianity,' edited by Alan Davies.
- Untitled. French, Sean // New Statesman & Society;1/7/94, Vol. 7 Issue 284, p8
Opinion. Comments on Christians' attitude toward Jews. `Naming of Jesus' in diary; Vladmimir Nabokov's opposition to antiSemitism; Vatican's recognition of Israel; Papal announcement on Jews' responsibility for Christ's death; Christian's lack of understanding of own religion.
- Changing paradigms: Reformist, radical, and rejectionist approaches to the relationship between... Haynes, Stephen R. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter95, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p63
Describes the paradigms that reflect differing assumption concerning the relationship between Christianity and anti-Jewish sentiment. Emergence of reformist paradigm; Paradigm for conceiving Christianity's relation to Jew-hatred; Different views regarding Jew-hatred as endemic to Christian...