- Pursuit of Truth (Book). Brody, Leon H. // Library Journal;12/1/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 20, p127
Reviews the book "Pursuit of Truth," by W.V. Quine.
- The number of planets is not a number. BIRO, JOHN // Analysis;Oct2010, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p622
The article focuses on modality and reference in philosophy according to the variations deployed by W. V. Quine in several of his books. In Quine's variations, he argues that modal contexts are referentially opaque and therefore suspect, particularly Quine's version of the modal contexts on the...
- Carnap and Quine on Truth by Convention. Ebbs, Gary // Mind;Apr2011, Vol. 120 Issue 478, p193
According to the standard story (a) W. V. Quineâ€™s criticisms of the idea that logic is true by convention are directed against, and completely undermine, Rudolf Carnapâ€™s idea that the logical truths of a language L are the sentences of L that are true-in-L solely in virtue of the...
- The logic of Quinean revisability. Chase, James // Synthese;Feb2012, Vol. 184 Issue 3, p357
W.V. Quine is committed to the claim that all beliefs are rationally revisable; Jerrold Katz has argued that this commitment is unstable on grounds of self-application. The subsequent discussion of this issue has largely proceeded in terms of the logic of belief revision, but there is also an...
- From A Logical Poist of View (book). Leyzorek, Michael // Journal of the Operations Research Society of America;Aug54, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p354
Reviews the book 'From a Logical Point of View,' by Willard Van Orman Quine.
- What's in a Word? Yglesias, Matthew // American Prospect;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p44
The article reviews the book "Word and Object," by Willard Van Orman Quine.
- TRAVELS WITH A PHILOSOPHER. Quinton, Anthony // New Republic;9/30/85, Vol. 193 Issue 14, p40
The article reviews the book "The Time of My Life," by W.V. Quine.
- Quintessence: Basic Readings from the Philosophy of W.V. Quine (Book). Brody, Leon H. // Library Journal;6/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p140
Reviews the book "Quintessence: Basic Readings From the Philosophy of W.V. Quine," by W. V. Quine and edited by Roger F. Gibson Jr.
- Quine â€“ Peter Hylton. Severo, Rogério Passos // Philosophical Quarterly;Oct2009, Vol. 59 Issue 237, p738
The article reviews the book "Quine," by Peter Hylton.