PRIESTHOOD: A RE-EXAMINATION OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC THEOLOGY OF THE PRESBYTERATE
- Southern comfort. Reed, Julia // Vogue;Jul2002, Vol. 192 Issue 7, p110
Reviews the book 'The Epicurean Collector,' by Patrick Dunne.
- A match for Lucullus. Read, Mimi // House Beautiful;Nov93, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p78
Focuses on businessman and food connoisseur Patrick Dunne. Attitudes; Belief on man's innate need for beauty and good food for survival; Importance of rituals; Passion for antiques and food; Interior design in his New Orleans, Louisiana antique shop; Reason for naming the shop after Lucullus;...
- Postmodern Magic: The Art of Magic in the Information Age. Eden, Brad // Library Journal;4/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p105
Reviews the book "Postmodern Magic: The Art of Magic in the Information Age," by Patrick Dunn.
- Epicurean delights. Lanford, Brent // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p17
Features the New Orleans, Louisiana-based antique store, Lucullus Store. Specialization in culinary antiques; Store proprietor Patrick Dunne's collection of an array of food-related items; Origin of the store.
- Seven-year sentence for a pimp. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/14/94, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p51
States Edmontonian Patrick Dunn, 22, has been sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading guilty to living off the proceeds of three teenage hookers, aged 15, 16, and 17. Comments from Provincial Court Judge H.R. Chisholm at sentencing.
- View from a pew. Monahan, Matthew G. // America;8/12/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p6
Cites the author's concern about the priesthood. Outnumbering of newly ordained priests by 50-year men; Value for priests; Events in the Catholic Church; Welcoming of Anglican and Episcopal priests; Possibility of reinstating married priests.
- Archetypal priests are not always the ordained priests. Rohr, Richard // America;4/5/1997, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p20
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the core meaning of priesthood. Qualities seen in priesthood; Why the religion was the scapegoat of society; Frame of contemporary dilemma; What is the enduring language of priesthood.
- At ordination, talk of shared ministry. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;09/12/97, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p6
Examines the challenges presented by being ordained into priesthood. Challenge of sharing leadership; Call for celibacy in a time of sexual revolution; Confusion over the real meaning of priesthood; Implications presented by the emergence of other ministries; Insignificance of career...
- A crucial test for optional Celibacy. Hamilton, Daniel S. // America;4/19/1997, Vol. 176 Issue 13, p13
Views the Code of Cannons of the Eastern Churches that have been the basis of ordaining married men to the priesthood. What the Eastern code affirms about the ordination of a married man; Possible development of a married man to be ordained as a priest; Second hypothesis for the ordination of...