THE SCHOCKEN GUIDE TO JEWISH BOOKS: WHERE TO START READING ABOUT JEWISH HISTORY, LITERATURE, CULTURE, AND RELIGION
- Research and reference tools reviews. Shapiro, Edward // Journal of American History;Mar93, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p1725
Reviews the research and reference material `The Schocken Guide to Jewish Books: Where to Start Reading about Jewish History, Literature, Culture, and Religion,' edited by Barry W. Holtz.
- The Studia Philonica Annual (Book). Brooke, George J. // Journal of Semitic Studies;Aut2001, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p383
Reviews the book 'The Studia Philonica Annual: Studies in Hellenistic Judaism,' Volume XI edited by David T. Runia and Gregory E. Sterling.
- Judaism: The Key Spiritual Writings of the Jewish Tradition (Book). Cohen, Ann E. // Library Journal;Dec1991, Vol. 116 Issue 21, p152
Reviews the book 'Judaism: The Key Spiritual Writings of the Jewish Tradition,' edited by Arthur Hertzberg.
- The Mind of Classical Judaism (Book). // Journal for the Study of the Old Testament;Jun98 Book List, Issue 79, p200
Reviews four books by Jacob Neusner. 'The Mind of Classical Judaism: I. Modes of Thought: Making Connections and Drawing Conclusions'; 'The Mind of Classical Judaism : II. From Philosophy to Religion'; 'The Mind of Classical Judaism: III. What Is 'Israel'? Social Thought in the Formative Age';...
- Judaism In a Changing Civilization. Cohen, Beryl D. // Education;May1934, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p572
The article reviews the book "Judaism In a Changing Civilization," by Samuel Dinin.
- Merton & Judaism: Holiness in Words (Book). Cunnigham, Lawrence S. // Cistercian Studies Quarterly;2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p354
Reviews the book "Merton and Judaism: Holiness in Words," edited by Beatrice Bruteau.
- Women and American Judaism (Book). Alpert, Rebecca // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Jun2003, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p464
Reviews the book 'Women and American Judaism: Historical Perspectives,' edited by P.S. Nadell and J.D. Sarna.
- Conservative Judaism and Jewish Law (Book Review). Freehof, Solomon B. // Judaism;Fall78, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p491
Reviews the book 'Conservative Judaism and Jewish Law,' edited by Seymour Siegel.
- One Man's Judaism (Book). Harrison, Michael Isaac // Review of Religious Research;Fall71, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p71
Reviews the book "One Man's Judaism," by Emmanuel Rackman.